View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Flop flatting vs jamming 160bb effective
GunnJD
Midstakes Master
Members
Forum Posts: 131
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 23, 2015 - 4:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

25NL Bovada Zone 

UTG jams his sole .95 into the pot. 

UTG+1 (46.20) Flats 

Hero has AcAd and 3bets to 3.90

Folds to UTG+1 who flat calls

Pot $9.10 

Flop 9d5dJd

Hero bets $4.55 

Villain raies to $14.34, with $27.96 behind

While I hate admitting to not have a clear plan in mind, I wasn't sure what to do when he raised. 

His range includes 99, JJ, flushes. Perhaps this is questionable, but I feel like he can do this with QQ and KK as well, and possibly hands as weak as Jx. We can throw in the random combo draw too, perhaps KdT.

It is possible I should be capping his range pre a little bit, and am being a bit too optimistic that he has big pairs here. 

Flat calling keeps his range widest, I suppose, but I feel like a diamond turn could actually force villain to shut down. 

Jamming gets value from his draws, and at worse we have around 32% equity when called. Not that I expect to have much fold equity. 

I don't think AA with the nut diamond draw is the worst hand I'd be shoving here. Perhaps AK or AQ with the d, and combo draws. 

Obviously options I haven't mentioned include checking the flop back, and folding to the raise (which isn't really an option is it).

MovieFX
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Balla
Members
Forum Posts: 309
June 29, 2016 - 7:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m interested to hear what others think. The Adiamond is both a redraw and a significant blocker to flush draws (V would need KQ to be ahead here mostly.)?

Foucault

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 2067
June 29, 2016 - 9:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Check the flop. This is a really safe slowplaying hand, and as you’re realizing, the range that’s willing to get it in on the flop isn’t one you’re a big favorite against anyway.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

jankyjon

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11987

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1