View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Matthew 'theginger45' Hunt Vegas Summer Package including WSOP Main/WPT500
theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 924
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 23, 2016 - 5:33 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Hey guys,

My name’s Matthew Hunt and I’ve been playing under the screenname ‘theginger45’ and some variations thereof on several sites for around six years now. I’m a coach right here at Tournament Poker Edge and will be playing my first reasonably busy summer schedule in Vegas this summer. I wanted to give TPE members a chance to get in on the action before too much of the action gets snapped up. 🙂

I’ll be arriving on the 1st June and playing 8 events over the months of June and July – some WSOP, the WPT500 at the Aria, and a couple of Venetian Deepstack events. I may play more than this, and I’ll definitely play some cash, but I’m set on these eight events forming the bulk of my schedule.

I have limited live experience (two France Poker Series events, one UKIPT, probably 40-50 hours of live cash/daily tournaments on top of that) but I’ve put in tens of thousands of tournaments online over the past few years, and with the work I’ve been putting in on my game so far this year I believe this will be my breakthrough year, when my results finally start to reflect my ability as a player. In the past I’ve had a lot of ‘real-life’ and mental health struggles that have impacted my results, but I’ve never stopped trying to succeed in poker and by the end of 2016 I am on course to reverse the $94k online downswing that threatened my career in 2013-14.

You can find my PocketFives page here. I don’t have a Hendon Mob page under this name – I changed my last name from my father’s name to my mother’s back in 2013 and I haven’t played any significant live poker recently. Here‘s my SharkScope and HM2 EV graphs for this year. If you would like further references to show my integrity or my ability as a player then I am happy to provide them. Names include Matt238, yellowsub86, ahh_snap, SSSMforlife, DannyN13, Killingbird, TTwist, BigggTymeR and others.

Due to the softness of the fields in these events I’m selling at what I believe is a very generous 1.25 markup. I’m selling up to 80% of myself to reduce variance and allow myself to feel at my best throughout the summer without financial concerns affecting me. I’ll be exercising every morning before I play, meditating before every session and doing everything possible to be in peak physical and mental condition.

The tournaments I’m playing are as follows, with many of them featuring multiple entries and therefore giving a high likelihood of some % of investment being refunded:

WSOP Colossus $565 (multiple bullets if needed)
WSOP Millionaire Maker $1500 (2 bullets if needed)
WSOP $1500 NLHE
WSOP $1500 Monster Stack
Aria WPT500 $565 (multiple bullets if needed)
WSOP Main Event Championship $10,000
Venetian Deepstack Event #74 $1.5M GTD $1100 (multiple bullets if needed)
Venetian Deepstack Event #85 Superstack $400 (multiple bullets if needed)

You can find full details of the package on my TastyStakes page, here:

https://tastystakes.com/packages/matthew-hunt-2016-vegas-summer-including-wsop-main-event-theginger45-1461338372

If you’d like to invest, either get in touch with me and I can add you manually, or you can find my details on the TastyStakes page. You can also follow all my results and track payouts etc via the same page.

I’ll be tweeting updates from every event I play, including ones not on the package, and you can follow me on @theginger45. Any further information or references you require, feel free to PM me or tweet me and I’ll happily give you my email address for future communication. I think it’s fairly obvious that as a coach with TPE I am concerned with my reputation and that of the site, so you can be 100% sure that your money is safe with me.

Looking forward to making some money for you guys!

Cheers,

Matt

BadAstronaut
Small Stakes Grinder
Members
Forum Posts: 89
April 23, 2016 - 7:00 am

Hey – can you please explain for those of us (entirely) new to this what @1.25% markup means here?

For simplicity, let’s say I bought in for 1%… that would cost $362.19. Does that mean I would be paid out 1% of your net profits after the series? 

theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
April 23, 2016 - 3:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep, that’s exactly what it means. You buy 1% of action, you get 1% of total cashes, plus unused buyins refunded. It’s not the entire series though, just the 8 tournaments contained in the package obviously. Anything I play outside of that is separate.

The markup is simply a premium that compensates me for the fact that I’m selling off action on which I have a positive expected ROI. The idea is that the 25% markup is significantly lower than my expected ROI in the tournaments I’m playing, making selling action a positive investment for me, while also making investing a good idea for the investor.

We’ll continue the discussion via email but if anyone else has questions, I’m happy to answer them here.

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 582
April 23, 2016 - 7:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I met Matt last summer at the WSOP and listen to him with KB on Midstakes Living whenever they get around to releasing a podcast 🙂

I’m in for 5.1%.

theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
April 24, 2016 - 5:16 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

joelshitshow said
I met Matt last summer at the WSOP and listen to him with KB on Midstakes Living whenever they get around to releasing a podcast 🙂

I’m in for 5.1%.

Thank you! 5.1% booked. That’s 21% total booked, 59% remaining, however when we get to 50% remaining I will most likely split the package up into two separate packages since several people have requested the ability to invest separately in the Main Event and other events.

theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
April 26, 2016 - 11:48 am

Full package is now sold, 47.75% of the Main Event is left separately. 1% for $125 or £80.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

jankyjon

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11987

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1