View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
BvB cold 4b OOP 200bb deep 6max fast fold game
JD
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 70
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 12, 2014 - 2:34 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is $.50/$1 on Bovada so it's anonymous and zero reads other than stack sizes and general tendancies.  This game can be pretty nerve wrecking.  In lots of squeeze and BvB cold 3/4bet spots villian may show up with 97o but the next time it will be AA.  However I have noticed that when 150bb+ effective deep you don't seem to see the really out of line plays too much (at least not post flop).  This just happened so my reasons are fresh in my mind, but really every step of the hand I'm feeling completely lost.  I decided to give the results since I want my river play to be scrutinized, and to that end it really doesn't matter what the villian does after I do it. Anyway here's the hand:

Bovada $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em – 6 players – 

Btn: $208.08
SB (Hero): BB = $202.15
BB: BB = $196.15
UTG: BB = $226.728
UTG+1: BB = $96
CO: BB = $92.55

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with Jdiamond Jspade
3 fold, Btn raises to $2.00, Hero raises $7.00, BB raises to $21, 1 fold, Hero calls $14.00

Flop: ($44.00)  2club3club3heart (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $35, Hero calls $35

Turn: ($114.00) 7club  (2 players)
Hero Checks, BB checks

River: ($114.00) Tspade

Hero bets $33, BB folds

Preflop:  I don't think much about the button min raise.  Given the effective stack depth and small open my cold calling (and call/folding) is probably too wide, but thats for another post.  My 3b range is pretty narrow here.  I like to have some decent pairs in my calling range, so (sometimes) I'm just calling 77-99.  So TT+, AQ+, AJs, and if I'm feeling frisky A2s-A5s.  My sizing is simply me mashing the pot button.  When villian raises he's doing the same thing, mash the pot button.  I expect his range to be tight, JJ-AA and AK, althought sometimes they like to get cute with AA and min raise or 5x or something like that, sometimes it's a pseudo value hand ATs+ or JTs, sometimes it's something retarded like 74o.  I call mainly do to the effective stacks.  I think I'm only folding AJs AQ and the small suited aces.

Flop:  This is where my range is in trouble.  I'm usually 5betting AA and KK pre, and because of that I'm way behind his value range.  He still has a bunch of rubbish hands in his range, but is it enough rubbish?  Check raising allows him to play perfectly.  Other than AcKc I don't know what I'm check calling here than I'm not check folding to further aggression (and even that hand I'm check raising with a lot).  Maybe I should flat instead of 5b half of my AA and KK?  I check call, planning on check folding to more aggression, which I plan to do with my whole check calling range, which makes me sad.

Turn: Plan on c/f unless it's a ridiculously small bet.  About the only thing I can reliably take out of his range are unpaired hands with one club.  

River:  I bet mostly cause I don't want to be bluffed off my hand.  Although I can still get value from his rubbish hands, like 97o, but his rubbish hands are a really small part of his range, and his rubbish hands that connected is even smaller.  I'd probably call a min raise but fold to any more substantial.

Foucault

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 2067
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 12, 2014 - 1:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Interesting hand. You've correctly identified some problems related to your being unbalanced, and those matter ALOT in deep-stacked cash, much moreso than in tournaments.

First off, I'd say that your 3b from the SB range should not be tight. In fact, I think it's quite possible that you should ONLY 3b or fold from the SB. My 3b in this spot is 19.5%. That will solve a lot of your problems right there.

If you actually think the BB's range is quite tight, then I like your play up to the river and I'd check-fold river. You later say that he could have “a bunch of rubbish”, in which case I like your line. But then you later say rubbish is “a really small part of his range” on the river (even though his range has only gotten weaker since the flop bet, when you said he could still have a bunch).

So basically I think you need to get clear on how much air he has in his range and how he will play it. On that point: …..-hands.php

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1