View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
NEW coaching deals for 2017, plus a special project announcement!
theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 924
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 1, 2017 - 12:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Hey guys,

A Happy New Year to all of you!

After a great 2016 in which I completed over 400 hours of coaching sessions with around 50 different students, it’s time for me to share with you guys my plans for 2017. I’m hoping to take on a lot more new students this year and help even more players push their games forward. I’m even prioritizing TPE players this year, so I’m not actively promoting my services anywhere outside this forum.

Here are the package deals I’m offering for 2017. All deals come with access to a Skype study group I maintain for all my students, currently very active with 20+ members, and access to an unlisted YouTube playlist, containing over 700 hours of my previous sessions, recorded for future reviewing. All my sessions are recorded and uploaded to this channel, for all my students to view or review at their leisure.

Prices are listed in USD, EUR and GBP. In the event of a shift in exchange rates (fairly likely after the Brexit debacle!), the USD price will be the base price. Students can pay in any of the three currencies.

Packages Available from 1st January 2017

Introductory package – $295 – €275 – £235 (~$75 per hour of content)

This package is perfect for anyone new to poker coaching, or for those who might be seeking a ‘quick fix’ for their game – a database review or a look at a recent tournament final table, perhaps.

4 hours of one-to-one Skype coaching

Access to unlisted YouTube playlist

Access to Skype study group

Intermediate package – $595 – €565 – £495 (~$60 per hour of content)

Ideal for players trying to make the leap towards becoming a winning player or push their game forward to the next level, this package lays the foundations for future success, and teaches you the study methods that will push your game forward throughout your career.

8 hours of one-to-one Skype coaching

2 hours of personalized video MTT reviews

Advanced Package – $995 – €945 – £795 (~$50 per hour of content)

If you’re looking to develop all the tools necessary to make poker a reliable source of income for you in years to come, this is the package for you. It allows time for detailed work on game selection and peak performance processes alongside targeted strategic development.

16 hours of one-to-one Skype coaching

4 hours of personalized video MTT reviews

Intensive Package – $1595 – €1495 – £1295 (~$40 per hour of content)

If you’re seeking a future as a professional or semi-professional poker player, this is the package for you. It will give you all the tools you need to succeed in today’s increasingly competitive MTT environment, and provide a platform for you to fulfil your poker potential.

32 hours of one-to-one Skype coaching

6 hours of personalized video MTT reviews

2 hours of detailed GTO hand analysis videos using ‘Simple Postflop’ GTO calculator

In addition to the above packages, I will also be offering a series of cards-up commentary videos, featuring some of 2016’s most important live and online tournaments. These will be made using existing PokerStars replay recordings and live stream recordings, and will give you a unique insight into each tournament on a hand-by-hand basis. The tournaments I will be covering are as follows:

• WSOP 2016 $10k Main Event (all three days)
  • WSOP 2016 $111k One Drop High Roller
  • SCOOP 2016 Main Events ($100, $1k, $10k)
  • PCA 2016 $100k Super High Roller
  • EPT Dublin 2016 €25k Super High Roller
  • EPT Malta 2016 €25k Super High Roller
  • EPT Barcelona 2016 €50k Super High Roller
  • EPT Monaco Grand Final 2016 €100k Super High Roller

Many of these tournaments feature some of the world’s best players, such as Fedor Holz, Ole Schemion, Mustapha Kanit, Charlie Carrel, Dan Smith, Isaac Haxton and more. These videos are currently in the production stages, but will be available for purchase in early 2017. Watch this space for more information, but be aware that all my current students and new signups will receive a free commentary video of their choice when production is completed!

My Coaching Background

Over the course of the past three years, I’ve delivered over 1,000 hours of coaching sessions in a wide variety of formats, including:

• Detailed database reviews and statistical analysis using Holdem Manager 2 (PokerTracker 4 databases can be converted fairly easily for PT4 users – I believe that while PT4 is more accurate at tracking hands, HM2’s interface is much better for database analysis)
  • Game selection planning using SharkScope and Pokerdope’s Tournament Variance Calculator
  • Mental game and goal setting discussions
  • Individual hand history reviews, as chosen by the student
  • Complex GTO analysis using Simple Postflop
  • Full MTT reviews covering gameflow and metagame concepts
  • Theoretical experimentation involving range construction and EV calculations
  • Presentation-style sessions featuring PowerPoints on GTO concepts, postflop play and more
  • Short stack workshops featuring intensive work on Nash shoving ranges and exploitative adaptations
  • Live sweat sessions where I commentate my own play and answer questions, often on Sundays

In addition to this, I have a variety of teaching experience outside poker that gives me a unique insight into the teaching methods and learning styles most appropriate and effective for poker players of all backgrounds.

This year, several of my students have had their first four-figure or five-figure scores, and I have yet to identify a student who has not seen an increase in EVbb/100 – many of these players have seen significant increases in ROI, and the others are evidently waiting for variance to fall in their favour.

Session Logistics

Session formats are flexible and are usually decided by mutual agreement after a discussion about the player’s primary needs and goals. I’m happy to experiment with new session formats on request if the student can come up with a fresh idea. 🙂

All sessions are conducted via Skype – all you’ll need is a Skype account, a working microphone and a stable, reliable Internet connection. If you happen to be in the same place as me geographically, I’m also happy to arrange in-person sessions.

On that subject, I will mostly be located in North America over the coming year, either on Pacific Time or Central Time – this will be very convenient for those of you in North America or Europe, and I am happy to negotiate on timings in the event of any time zone conflicts with those of you in Australasia or Asia.

My coaching schedule is three days per week, maximum six hours per day. I coach Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday and Monday-Wednesday-Friday on alternate weeks. I’m unavailable for sessions on Sundays.

Session scheduling is handled through Doodle.com – I will send you the relevant link upon signup. If you’re unable to make it to a session but fail to provide 24 hours’ notice, the session will be deducted from your booking, while if I am unable to make it to a session without 24 hours’ notice for any reason (illness, Internet failure, personal emergency) then I will add the corresponding number of hours to your booking, free of charge, as well as rescheduling the session.

Payment Information

Payments can be completed via PayPal, PokerStars transfer, or UK bank transfer. Instalment plans are available, but only to a maximum of four instalments, and this will incur a 5% fee, on account of the additional administrative effort it takes to track payments over a longer period. We will also need to set specific payment dates for all instalments. However, if full payment is completed within one week of my initial response to your inquiry, you will receive a 5% discount!

Contact Information

You can reach me for any further questions or booking inquiries at theginger45@gmail.com. I check this email address almost every day, so you can expect a fast response.

That’s about it. I’m looking foward to working with as many of you as possible in 2017! Good luck for this year, everyone. Let’s crush some tournaments.

Matt Hunt

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1