View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
235 Rio Deep Stack 99 in BB.
Redscare
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
June 3, 2013 - 12:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
I had been at this table for about an hour UTG had been there for about 30 mins. He was a pretty loose bad player (as was just about everyone else). He had 4x K10o from ep in his first few hands and played a few other small pots. 

Blinds are 400/800 with a 100 ante UTG makes it over 4x to about 3500 and it folded around to the button who is a splashy big stack who calls and the sb, who is also a splashy big stack, who calls. I had seen both of them make huge re raises with 10s+ and AQ+ so I was almost positive that they would have popped it if they had me and there for was not worried about them. I have about 29,000 chips in the bb and look down at pocket 99. All three players have me covered. I can three bet, but I think I am getting called for a flip out of position the vast majority of the time (these tournaments are beyond fishy), but if I make it 9,000 I could fold to a shove, but I do not see a shove from any of the players except with AA or KK, which is of course in there range but I do not think are particularly likely. I could shove, but 35BBs seems like a lot, even if there is about half of my stack in the middle and I assume I have a good amount of FE. Folding seems too nitty, but this could just be me being impatient because live poker is so slow, although this is obviously the lowest variance move. Calling in a four way pot for over 1/10th of my stack never crossed my mind.

Sorry for the length. If you have suggestions on how to post live hands, please let me know. But I would love feedback on the hand.
packallama
High Stakes Shark
Members
Forum Posts: 176
June 3, 2013 - 3:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shoving all day long with reads on OR and callers. With OR raising so large with weak hands in EP and callers who almost never have TT+, this is a dream spot with 99. 3b Shoving 35bbs is not that much considering the raise size and two callers. Never 3b folding with your stack size in this spot.

Redscare
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 6
June 3, 2013 - 4:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is exactly what I was thinking. I was happy with the decision but busting live tournaments on a flip can be pretty rough.

packallama
High Stakes Shark
Members
June 3, 2013 - 5:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, you have a lot more emotional investment in not busting and staying alive in live tournaments. Use that to your advantage and put other players to the test.

P-aire 146
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 832
June 3, 2013 - 6:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, in this tourney with the moh-moh's that play in them (Me included)  It depends on your read.  I actually don't think flatting and seeing a flop is a bad idea. You would still have 30+ bb's.  Donks do have a hand every now and then.  You do have a hand, but if one if those moh-moh's has TT or JJ your crusshed, I'm sure one could have AQ AK or KQ KJ suited.  Obv, AK is calling callinig your jam, along with AA-JJ ……….  I rethought it, I might not jam here PRE, you're only getting called by better or flipping at best.

It's going to be your feel and read most of all.  I don't mind a JAM or call, I'm never folding.

packallama
High Stakes Shark
Members
June 3, 2013 - 10:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like jamming because there is so much dead $. Sure 99 is close to the bottom of the range we do this with so we are not getting looked up by worse, but the fold equity we have makes up for that. Especially with an OR who 4xs KTo in EP. I would be much more hesitant to jam on a tighter player.

P-aire 146
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 832
June 3, 2013 - 11:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't disagree with you about the DEAD money out there.  I like the jam for that reason like you said.

micahkg
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 7
June 7, 2013 - 3:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've been playing the Rio Deepstacks nearly every day this year, and in this spot i love jamming it in, especially based on reads. You are gaining 12,300 chips (1000 from antes + 800 your bb  + 3500 x 3) which is over 40% increase in your stack = a dream especially with all that dead money. By far the most likely person to call is the opener, and yes sometimes he has 10 10 – A A and has you crushed, by there are way more combos of AK, AQ etc, not to mention how often he is folding (these guys regularly fold ridiculously strong hands pre flop to shoves). 

Opening nearly 4.5x is terrible also obviously and this is just a great spot to exploit that and the 2 callers by squeezing all in. In very similar spots in these tournaments i've even seen the smooth callers call off their stacks with 22-88 after the original raiser folds as they are “priced in” and put you on two overs. 

asproskoupidi
Guppy
Members
Forum Posts: 5
June 16, 2013 - 4:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So what did you do and what happened?  😀

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1