View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Big162 - am i priced in to call?
florianm1
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 588
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 3, 2014 - 8:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

easy hand related to:

…..is-a-myth/

Poker Stars $150+$12 No Limit Hold'em Tournament – t200/t400 Blinds + t50 – 9 players – View hand 2466246
TournamentPokerEdge.com Hand History Converter

yourgen_99 (MP1): BB = 33.0, t13206
Phungtt (MP2): BB = 11.0, t4413
Keiruja (CO): BB = 24.5, t9785
km_freestyle (BTN): BB = 8.4, t3355
CURUCHOS (SB): BB = 26.9, t10740
hello_totti (BB): BB = 54.6, t21830
Taska85 (UTG): BB = 12.2, t4885
Hero (UTG+1): BB = 28.6, t11431
Bianconero12 (UTG+2): BB = 36.2, t14490

Pre Flop: (t1050) Hero is UTG+1 with A of diamonds 4 of diamonds
1 fold, Hero raises to t800, 4 folds, km_freestyle raises to t3305 all in, 2 folds, Hero ???

1.) what is his reshoving range? plays 14/13 9.5 3bet over 205 hands, reg

i say: AA-22,AKo-AQo,AKs-ATs,KQs,QJs maybe JTs

2.) we need exactly 33% so what you re calling with?

thats what we can call if we need about 37% equity: AA-33,AKo-ATo,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo,AKs-A4s,KQs-K5s,QJs-Q8s,JTs-J8s,T9s-T8s,98s,87s

pckrrr
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 57
April 4, 2014 - 5:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

fold pre, you're not deep enough and very exploitable to 3b (certainly with above stacksizes) etc if this is in your opening range.

Think the reshove range is something like this 55+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,JTs,AQo+, vs this range  we have 35% equity

Equity wise we have to call, but I don't really want to lose a good 3b/f stack, so I think I fold. 

m@ddm@n
Balla
Members
Forum Posts: 308
April 4, 2014 - 8:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think before you open here you have to decide whether you're going to call the BTN if he shoves (or MP2 as well.)  I don't know how tight the table is and your image though.  

If you think you can get away with a bet/fold here a very, very high percentage of the time with the table dynamics, it's not necessarily a bad open IMO.  You just have to know what you'll do if the BTN shoves.  I'm assuming your plan is to bet/fold to the other 20+bb stacks?  Personally unless I have a very strong read that I'll get folds, I'd muck this pre. You definately don't want to get flatted and have to play this oop.

As played I think you have to call.

florianm1
Playing The Prelims
Members
April 4, 2014 - 8:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

i can see the argument for folding pre.

but table was really tight. and with the stacks i wont get flatted to much here.

and if so A4s is not the worst to play postflop.

additionally with the shallow stacks i prefer opening with blockers.

good point on the equity vs stack utility.

theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 924
April 7, 2014 - 8:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Probably folding pre most of the time but I am always going to be considering whether I am willing to price myself in against short stacks before I open a hand like this. It's not a terrible spot to open, but you need to know beforehand whether you're calling the shortstack.

Your range for calling is a little bit false, because not all of those hands are in our preflop range, so it's a little unnecessary to even calculate which other hands we would be priced in with if we wouldn't even be opening all of those hands. Certainly I wouldn't fold any of those hands to an 8bb shove if I opened them, but you're going about the calculation from the wrong direction.

I think it would be pretty bad to fold A4s to this 8bb shove, or to fold anything else I opened in this spot, because I simply wouldn't be opening the kind of hands in this spot that would have less than the equity required to call this shove. This spot gets tougher if you're on the button and you need to decide whether to try to raise/call or raise/fold with a hand like K4o or something, because that's a much more complicated calculation.

florianm1
Playing The Prelims
Members
April 8, 2014 - 9:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

theginger45 said:

Probably folding pre most of the time but I am always going to be considering whether I am willing to price myself in against short stacks before I open a hand like this. It's not a terrible spot to open, but you need to know beforehand whether you're calling the shortstack.

Your range for calling is a little bit false, because not all of those hands are in our preflop range, so it's a little unnecessary to even calculate which other hands we would be priced in with if we wouldn't even be opening all of those hands. Certainly I wouldn't fold any of those hands to an 8bb shove if I opened them, but you're going about the calculation from the wrong direction.

Sorry for not mentioning the hands i calculated for calling are the output from ProPoker Tools playable hands given equity needed. Of course lots of them i am not opening in this spot

I think it would be pretty bad to fold A4s to this 8bb shove, or to fold anything else I opened in this spot, because I simply wouldn't be opening the kind of hands in this spot that would have less than the equity required to call this shove. This spot gets tougher if you're on the button and you need to decide whether to try to raise/call or raise/fold with a hand like K4o or something, because that's a much more complicated calculation.

CCuster 911
Delaware

TPE Pro
Forum Posts: 187
April 14, 2014 - 11:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont mind calling here sometimes.  Especially if I think it will discourage people in furhter hands.  But I do default to folding.  I just dont like where our stack will be if we lose.  That makes almost no positive benefits to calling here outside of cEV so we can fold the bottom of our range to perserve stack manuverability.  

Also some people probably dont even shove 22-44 here, so we may be able to disclude at least some of those combos.

For Coaching - ccuster911@gmail.com - HH Reviews/Leak Finder(HEM or PT)/Concept Discussion

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1