View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
First level 500 dollar deep stack on UB that I sattelight into.....please help me put this player on a range here
HammerU
Guests
July 12, 2010 - 9:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Deep stack we are about 10 hands in….no one has been out of line yet and I am pretty sure everyone is solid at this table.

This line is pretty strange…

1) What do you make of it

2) What range are you putting a solid player on this deep here?

*if I get a few responses I will say what hand I have and we can go from there

Stage #274102412 Tourney ID 5638628 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit 20 – 2010-07-12 20:35:51 (ET)

Table: 3 (Real Money) Seat #6 is the dealer

Seat 1 – YANKEES1927 (5,727 in chips)

Seat 2 – HAMMERU (4,990 in chips)

Seat 3 – JNIKERSON3 (5,020 in chips)

Seat 4 – FLOROBB (4,970 in chips)

Seat 5 – HIGHLITE11 (4,970 in chips)

Seat 6 – 210FLAT (4,343 in chips)

Seat 7 – SOFAKINGICY (4,980 in chips)

Seat 8 – EDDYTOWN21 (5,000 in chips)

SOFAKINGICY – Posts small blind 10

EDDYTOWN21 – Posts big blind 20

*** POCKET CARDS ***

Dealt to HAMMERU [x,x]

YANKEES1927 – Folds

HAMMERU – Raises 60 to 60

JNIKERSON3 – Folds

FLOROBB – Folds

HIGHLITE11 – Calls 60

210FLAT – Folds

SOFAKINGICY – Calls 50

EDDYTOWN21 – Folds

*** FLOP *** [4d 9s 5c]

SOFAKINGICY – Checks

HAMMERU – Bets 125

HIGHLITE11 – Folds

SOFAKINGICY – Raises 300 to 300

HAMMERU – Calls 175

*** TURN *** [4d 9s 5c] [4s]

SOFAKINGICY – Checks

HAMMERU – Bets 520

SOFAKINGICY – Calls 520

*** RIVER *** [4d 9s 5c 4s] [2d]

SOFAKINGICY – Bets 1,250

HAMMERU

Lance Freeman
Guests
July 12, 2010 - 11:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Usually when people raise a dry flop like this its usually 2pr, 45 looks very possible imo, most people wont raise a set on the flop here but this deep maybe some people will

Wein
Guests
July 12, 2010 - 11:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I assume you have an overpair.  The turn card is usually safe except that it is a deep stack and you guys are all very very deep in this point where he could easily have a 4.  Check back turn and if he checks back river I value bet.  You ended up bloating a pot that I’m not sure you had to do.

HammerU
Guests
July 12, 2010 - 11:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

WWein said:

I assume you have an overpair.  The turn card is usually safe except that it is a deep stack and you guys are all very very deep in this point where he could easily have a 4.  Check back turn and if he checks back river I value bet.  You ended up bloating a pot that I’m not sure you had to do.

Ty for advice… I would def check back the turn with an overpair this deep especially in a high buy in tournament.  I actually have 55.  I guess I am curious as to what a thinking player could actually play this way this deep leading up to that river value bet?

I am guessing 45, 44, and 99, 36x, and maybe a rare A3 of spades that he made a move with on the flop.

In analyzing this hand I really think 45, 99, 44 are most likely….really what else is the villain playing like this?

I have never been less thrilled to shove it in on the river with a full house in my life

FkCoolers
Cambridge, Ma (Central Square)
Member Moderator
Forum Posts: 1610
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 13, 2010 - 11:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It looks like 99 a lot. Pretty weird line for him to take.

He puts in a tiny raise on a dry flop and checks the turn when the board pairs which can often indicate making his boat and not wanting to lose you in the hand.

Then he leads the river when a meaningless card comes.

If he has quads, whatever … it’s possible but not very. 99 does seem highly likely, though.

I feel like he’d make a bigger raise with 45.

HammerU
Guests
July 13, 2010 - 7:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

FkCoolers said:

He puts in a tiny raise on a dry flop and checks the turn when the board pairs which can often indicate making his boat and not wanting to lose you in the hand.

If he has quads, whatever … it’s possible but not very. 99 does seem highly likely, though.

HaHa I really thought he had 99 or 44 here but is there anyway that I can justify just calling and not sticking the rest of my stack in on that river???

Wein
Guests
July 13, 2010 - 9:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

HammerU said:

FkCoolers said:

HaHa I really thought he had 99 or 44 here but is there anyway that I can justify just calling and not sticking the rest of my stack in on that river???

There’s too many combinations of hands you have crushed to not shove for value here.  It’s just a cooler if he flips over quds or 99.

Just my opinion, though.

HammerU
Guests
July 14, 2010 - 1:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s too many combinations of hands you have crushed to not shove for value here.  It’s just a cooler if he flips over quds or 99.

Just my opinion, though.

I know this hand seems very trivial and I did shove the river…..but thinking through it street by street what combos of hands other than 99, 44, 45, and the very occasional A3x or 36s can he show up with???

After this I will put this hand to rest…..

FkCoolers
Cambridge, Ma (Central Square)
Member Moderator
Forum Posts: 1610
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 14, 2010 - 10:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A very weirdly played AA would be another one. Any time someone takes a really bizarre line there’s a good chance they have AA because so many people try to get overly creative and trappy with it.

I think villain’s range is very polarized here if he’s competent. Can’t imagine medium pairs ever play like this. 

Gregt18
Guests
July 14, 2010 - 1:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

hey,

i i guess i played exactly the same hand a cuple of days ago,

i had 5-5 the flop was the same and my opponend fliped over 9-9.. 🙁

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1