View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Live $550 6 max: Interesting hand with competent villain
JLUDEOBV
Balla
Members
Forum Posts: 323
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 23, 2012 - 12:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

It’s 2nd level of the tournament. Competent player to my left has been 3b frequently and has shown down mediocre hands. I have pretty aggro image as well as I've been 3b frequently and shown down some trash as well. We are clearly the two best players at the table. 

50-100 

Me: 15k

Villain 17k

Guy in CO opens to 200. I 3b to 650 on button. Villian cold 4b from SB to 1350. Fold, I flat. Flop K53sdd. He leads 1050, I click it back to 2250, he clicks it back to 3500, I flat. Turn Kc. Check, check. River 3c. He checks, I bet 4500.

Questions: What hands are in my range with this line? What hands are in villains range with this line?

Hope for some good feedback. Will post results after some thoughts. Get at it TPE Nation.

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 591
October 23, 2012 - 4:40 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A3

AK

KK

KQdd KJdd

some busted fds some Ax air.

in your range.

when he checks river unless he is c/r his range is like QQ-88 AQdd AJdd lots of Axdd and alot of air he is going to give up with.

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
October 23, 2012 - 4:41 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

what do you think his cold 4betting range is weighted towards? because that determines the relative likelyhood of  hands postflop

JLUDEOBV
Balla
Members
October 24, 2012 - 2:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

duggs said:

what do you think his cold 4betting range is weighted towards? because that determines the relative likelyhood of  hands postflop

More than likely it's KQs+ and 99+ but he was very aggro so I could see some suited connectors in his range. I just NEVER thought he would check turn and river here with Kx.

FkCoolers
Cambridge, Ma (Central Square)
Member Moderator
Forum Posts: 1610
October 25, 2012 - 7:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can see him checking turn w/Kx if he's putting you on medium pairs or hands like AJ/AQ but then he should be leading river since you might check behind with that range so he really needs to know you'll bet A high or merge your range and try to do something like bet 77 for value on the river if he's checking twice to trap. 

Your range seems pretty wide here. 55 is another hand that's in your range and hasn't been mentioned, and it makes a lot of sense. But you can easily hood with all sorts of suited connectors since you guys are deep, and then start building a pot on the flop. The flat of his CIB would make sense because you wouldn't want to pile a draw and run into the range you'd get called by. 

55 makes a lot of sense for you to have here. 

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
October 25, 2012 - 7:52 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

good post coolers

JLUDEOBV
Balla
Members
October 25, 2012 - 1:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree with the above. I had A8dd. I figured it was a good bet on the river because he would never check a K to me twice in this spot, especially with it being 4b pre and 3b on the flop. He tanked for like 2 minutes and CALLED with AJss. I was stunned. Thoughts?

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
October 25, 2012 - 5:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont know what to make of his river call, you would have to be firing every single bluff combo on the river for it to even be close to ok, i think he value towns himself here a ton. problem is when we have Ad we block a shit ton of the hands that will be folding far more often, and make his range a bit more likely to call

JLUDEOBV
Balla
Members
October 26, 2012 - 1:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Duggs are you saying you don't like this line? If so how would you play it?

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
October 26, 2012 - 1:42 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

not saying that at all, i think this is one of the few bluff combos we will have in this spot tho and so our range is really value weighted, but in terms of our value range AJdd=QQ when bluff catching, so the fact that we block out alot of his A high hands should really matter.

but do you think he is more likely to hero with QQ than A8dd? are we checking back hands like AQdd and AJdd at showdown or leading them aswell?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1