View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
WSOP Main Event 50/150/300
Clarke206
Grinding Micros
Forum Posts: 51
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 8, 2013 - 3:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi TPE.  I'm just thinking through some of my hands yesterday from the ME while watching vids and chilling in my room and wanted to get some thoughts from you on this hand.  It worked out for me but I'm still debating whether I played it well. 

We had 5 hands left in Day 1B. I've been pretty tight all day 3betting some aggressive players but mostly playing ABC and getting the cards to make that work. I've got a good laggy German guy on my right who has been opening a lot and has folded to my 3bets 3 times including the immediately preceding hand.  I showed him AA the first time and he hasn't messed with me since.  He was down to about 20K.  Two relatively tight players on my left although the guy two to my left has 3bet me twice and is Euro.  I was sitting at about 55K. 

German guy opened CO 2x and I decided to flat with KTss.  Js exposed by dealer.  BB (other Euro) calls.  3k in pot preflop.  Flop comes 732ss.  BB checks, Cbet from German 1.2k.  I flat b/c I wanted to see what the BB behind me did.  HU I would likely have raised.  BB also flats. 

Turn 3x.  German checks.  I bet 3.6k into 6.6k.  BB calls.  German folds.  Pot now close to 14k.  River is 3x so board now 73233.  BB Checks.  You?  Bomb river or give up?  Sizing?

Clarke

@clarke206

Clarke206
Grinding Micros
Forum Posts: 51
July 8, 2013 - 3:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

BB had about 35K behind when we got the river.

florianm1
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 588
July 8, 2013 - 4:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

hey,

i like a 1.5PSB here on the river with the missed flush draw. it has to work only 50% of the time to be BE. Its hard for villain to have a range he can call here with anything he gets to the river in such a passive way. 

further the missed flush also helps us to balance our value combos in this stop. Doubt though that we need to balance in the ME that early.

Prob i am doing a little flopzilla analysis on this when i am back home. currently only able to post from my macbook.

cheers

elorean
Small Stakes Grinder
Members
Forum Posts: 89
July 10, 2013 - 7:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't like jamming, there are little premiums in your hand as you most likely would have 3b again if you had a premium (AA-QQ). basically I'd expect a player to valuebet smallish with mid pairs/7x to get some value from Ahigh so I might try to rep that if I expect villain can lay down Ax there.. otherwise I just fold, not going to jam 40bb with missed flushdraw as that would look exactly as what it is…

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
Forum Posts: 2616
July 10, 2013 - 8:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

yeah agree with the above post, its pretty hard for us to rep anything if we just mash river – if we had a set we likely would have raised flop to protect from going multiway given the flush draw on board. 

the only credible made hands we can rep given action are mid pairs, something like 88-99

i dont think its horrible to check-give up here, you may even be good against a worse fd, like 9T or QT, but if you want to bluff here i think making a 5-6k bet, trying to look like a small value bet with 88-99 could work. it might get called pretty often, but its really the only credible hand we can rep i think

florianm1
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 588
July 10, 2013 - 5:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

bennymacca said:

yeah agree with the above post, its pretty hard for us to rep anything if we just mash river –

we dont always have to rep much if villains are not likely to call as wide as they should when we are not repping much.

in the heat of the game i would prolly check give up. i just think overbetting is still very profitable play in this spot

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
Forum Posts: 2616
July 10, 2013 - 7:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

he notes the guy as being a good laggy german. that, and the fact that it is the wsop main and people can afford to take a fair bit of time to work out what we have, would lean me towards making sure my story makes sense, rather than just “oh shit big bet have to fold”. i think good players in deep stacked situations will see through that a fair amount of the time

DannyN13

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 305
July 11, 2013 - 1:41 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah seems completely unnecessary to continue here. Structure is obviously incredible in this on day 1. SO many softer spots and agree with benny above. Losing those many chips when you get looked up is a lot worse for your stack than it is good when you don't.

P-aire 146
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 832
July 14, 2013 - 8:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

totally agree with Danny, I was shocked at how loose some guys were playing in level 1 and even later.  So many better spots.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1