View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Easy, 100% free way to improve your setup & increase ROI
fatal_unicorn
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 13
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 20, 2015 - 7:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Guys,

I don't know where to post this – but you absolutely must try it – it's made playing poker so much easier for me, especially when multi-tabling.  And it's 100% free with nothing to download or install.

I'm a big believer that technology is at its best when it gets out of our way and works flawlessly.  When your grind you shouldn't be thinking about your setup at all – your setup should be invisible and all your thoughts should be about poker.  Little setup niggles lead to unnecessary stress.

The default mouse pointer on most computers is about 5-8mm tall and can be easily lost on a big monitor – you grinders with two 30″ monitors have a lot of real-estate to cover to find it again.  Those of you using laptops have a small-screen to peer into which is just as difficult.  When the cursor gets lost it takes a second or two or three to find it again.  In those few moments you're not thinking about poker and you're distracted from your grind.  The technology is in your way, and that is not good.  

If you increase your mouse pointer size to the point where it is obvious where the mouse is at all times and those 'moments' will not be lost.  

On a mac – to change the pointer size go to the Apple logo at the top-left of screen > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display – there is a “cursor size” slider.

You should find something similar on Windows Control Panel.

I have perfect vision and this one, simple, free change has made poker so much easier to play.  Give it go, you've got nothing to lose and can always go back to default if it doesn't work for you smile

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
Forum Posts: 428
March 21, 2015 - 9:31 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So your hot tip is to make your mouse pointer larger?

I personally dont have a problem with mine, but if the shoe fits…

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 582
March 21, 2015 - 2:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Time spent thinking about other things, such as “where's my pointer,” only serves to distract. Same reason to leave skype, gmail, Twitch, etc. closed. (Obv. you have to pick your battles in terms of what to leave open because who grinds in a vacuum?)

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
March 21, 2015 - 4:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I havent ever found that I have had to ask myself “where is my pointer?” as playing multiple tables its generally always on the move to another table awaiting action or hovering over a decision im thinking about.

If people really have problems with not knowing where there pointer is, then i agree its a good tip.

fatal_unicorn
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 13
March 22, 2015 - 12:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kalculater, if it isn't for you then it isn't for you.  If you don't want to try it, don't.

Just think about it for a second, though: you took the time out of your life and your grind to comment on this thread twice, just to say you believe something you haven't tried (something that won't cost anyone any money or effort) to be unuseful.  And, in one of those posts you conceeded the point that it could cut down on a potential distraction!

Oh the lolz. smile

I hope you have a better day tomorrow, mate.

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
March 22, 2015 - 7:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

fatal_unicorn said:

Kalculater, if it isn't for you then it isn't for you.  If you don't want to try it, don't.

Just think about it for a second, though: you took the time out of your life and your grind to comment on this thread twice, just to say you believe something you haven't tried (something that won't cost anyone any money or effort) to be unuseful.  And, in one of those posts you conceeded the point that it could cut down on a potential distraction!

Oh the lolz. smile

I hope you have a better day tomorrow, mate.

I would just like to point out that I said it was unuseful for myself because i have not had the necessity or “problem” you have pertained. I would not consider this a “distraction” either.

Think about this for a second, though: when you are grinding you are not looking at and/or following your mouse pointer around the screen. Generally, you are looking at the table that has just popped up and the mouse pointer is in your peripherals, being moved unconciously whilst a decision is taking place conciously. If you are having a hard time finding your mouse pointer you have bigger setup and/or health issues.

My day was great thanks – pokerwise and lifewise. I thankyou for your condescending attitude though. Your “hot tip” has revolutionised the poker community.

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 582
March 22, 2015 - 12:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In other news, 2+2 has acquired TPE

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
March 22, 2015 - 6:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

joelshitshow said:

In other news, 2+2 has acquired TPE

Perhaps 2+2 management will implement more regular podcasts 😀

JD
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 70
March 23, 2015 - 4:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Windows has an option in the mouse settings to “show location of pointer with CTRL key”.  It's actually really useful when using 2 monitors of differented sizes (sometimes I use my laptop screen as a second screen to my normal monitor).

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1