View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
*** Official 2015 NFL Thread!! ***
Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 5, 2015 - 7:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is that time of year again!  My favorite time of year. NFL FOOTBALL SEASON!!

So let's hear it. Who's your team? Predictions for the season? Bring on the trash talk.

For my poart, I'm a lifelong Dolphins fan. Yes, it has been a very painful life.  I feel like this could be a big year for us. I don't think I have felt this good about our team in a good decade or more. Tannehill coming in to his own. Improved our defense dramatically.  Added some weapons on offense.  Alot is going to come down to how our rookie RB and WR fare, but reports from camp are sounding positive.

Cant wait to get this party started!! 

On a side note, for my birthday my wife bought be season tickets to the UNC Charlotte 49ers football games.  My son is attending there in a few weeks.  So if anyone happens to be hitting any of those games (unlikely i know) let me know and we can grab a beer!

BigSnowball
Small Stakes Grinder
Members
Forum Posts: 88
August 8, 2015 - 5:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

VERY EXCITED KB
Just renewed my GamePass subscription for next 12 months

Early thoughts Colts are obvious favourites for AFC. Got better each year, easy division (esp with Foster now out), great new additions plus the North and East are gonna knock lumps out of each other so they should end up with home field in playoffs.

As for NFC I might have a cheeky few quid on the Giants at big odds. This will probably jinx them to a 4-12 season but I seriously think they’re gonna score a lot of points this year and they should win the Division The Eagles don’t know if they even have a QB, Dallas lost Murray who everything revolved around last year and Romo always seems a hit away from missing games. What then?
If that happens and they’re in the playoffs I fancy Coughlan has the knack of winning big games and so 40/1 is a good price (22s to win conference)

Whatever happens it’s gonna be fun

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 582
August 9, 2015 - 5:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Big trend for those who wager: Teams with winning records or who are in first place in their last game before their bye week (especially if their bye week is later in the season) are 80% ATS. You just can’t find trends that simple that do that well. If the bye weeks are weeks 4-10 this year, just look for this in weeks 9 and 10. Good stuff.

I’m a 49er fan (and always had an affinity for UNC-C and Long Beach St. for obv. reasons). My old downstairs neighbor used to do PR for them, and he says Tomsula will be a good coach for them. We’ll see. Their over/under is 7.5 with heavy juice to the under. I’d take the over because if they go 8-8 again you still get +175 or so. The juice is never that good for regular season wins. This bet is better if you have a credit shop, though, because otherwise that money is locked up for 5 months.

Julian Edelman has the same last name as me so I pay attention to the Pats as well. The Julian Edelman drinking game has killed me the past 2 years, though. It was much easier when all he did was return punts and get hurt. I haven’t been keeping track, but if the Pats RSW total got bet down because of the Brady suspension, it seems like a good value play to take the over, because people overreact to everything.

I like the Rams over and the Cardinals under as well. Homerism may be creeping into that, though. And I’m worried the Raiders may actually be good this year, but I have faith they will fuck up somehow.

I used to work with a huge Dolphin fan when I lived in Tahoe, KB. They have some loyal fans. I think Tannehill is the real deal. After that London game last year he played a lot better.

For those in the States, where online poker is a gray market at best, do some research on daily fantasy. There are some shitty players out there, who spend their poker money on this because it’s “legal-er” than poker. And overcoming the juice isn’t hard, especially with deposit bonuses. Lots of resources out there. Some of you probably have referral links to share as well.

Speaking of which, Bovada will get even softer when the season starts, as people hit the table to either get even or spend their winnings. Sunday night will be that much better.

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
August 12, 2015 - 8:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those who are into the “moneyball” aspects of sports betting, this PDF has a lot of information you may find fun: …..LBible.pdf

It's not as good as it sounds, but I think a lot of trial and error with their algorithm does make it easier to beat the books. Just have to win 53% of the time to show a profit at -110. Line shopping and deposit bonuses make that percentage even lower.

BigSnowball
Small Stakes Grinder
Members
Forum Posts: 88
September 10, 2015 - 1:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok after watching the Giants pre season I think it’s a stretch to say they are worth a bet but I reckon massive fantasy points for both teams in their games. 

Can’t wait for it all to get going

ENJOY

jedimindpicks
Small Stakes Grinder
Members
Forum Posts: 91
September 10, 2015 - 2:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh Lawd Football is back!!! tytyty

I believe the pats will attempt to score 60 points tonight as Tom Lady may have a chip on his shoulder. Him and coach Belichunk love to run it up so whats the over? 54 moved to down to 51? Hmmmm I don’t really like to bet Thursday night games+over but maybe the first one.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
October 6, 2015 - 11:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well this has been an unfortunate start to the season.  frown

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
October 8, 2015 - 1:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

At least the Panthers are winning for you. The 49ers have no offensive line, and Kaepernick needs a shrink. Thankfully I can play the Julian Edelman drinking game.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
October 8, 2015 - 12:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ha, true.  Hopefully we can find a new coach to turn things around.  We have talent, just cant seem to put it together on the field.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1