View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (2 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
2011 goals
guitey
Guests
January 3, 2011 - 7:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Making this to hopefully motivate myself to play more and try stick to my goals as I haven't wrote them down previously.

I'm getting a late start as I'm on holiday in Thailand and won't be home until 11th jan. (it's so sick here 🙂 so I'm starting the year off great already after having the best new year eve party ever, full moon party on kohpagnan :D.

Ok so my goals are:

Increase volume

Increase ABI

Play more live including going to WSOP

Get HH's reviewed semi regularly by better players (0 last year)

Post more on forums as I lack in this and it's always one of my goals

I don't really want to make profit based goals. I think by making these goals my profit will increase anyway.

Will put few more details in once I'm home and have access to my volume/ABI/profit for last year so we can see what crack is proper.

Hope this thread will motivate others too.

Gl this year guys!

Edit:

Back from Thailand and starting the grind today,  up really early as my sleep schedule isn't where it should be right now and it's turbo night which I never get to play because it starts too late for me here in UK.

Stats for 2010 from sharkscope giving me something to compare to at the end of this year

For MTTs only

2,150 $32.11   $28   127% $69,044   N/A N/A Global Alias Year2010 Sch. Onlyguitey (FT)
onoitsguitey (ME)
guitey99 (CE)
guitey (CK)
scg991 (PF)
guitey (PC)

For MTTs and SNGs

3,233 $21.52   $21   88% $69,555   N/A N/A Global Alias Year2010guitey (FT)
onoitsguitey (ME)
guitey99 (CE)
guitey (CK)
scg991 (PF)
guitey (PC)

I don't plan on playing too many SNGs, although will play 45/90's in my sessions sometimes.

I will also aim to play at least 50k hands of cash, played 44k hands last year at 3.13bb/100, so I want to improve on that also. 

I will update this post monthly with my progress.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 4, 2011 - 2:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

looks like a good set of goals!  I'm working on some as well and they will be going in to a blog post shortly!

guitey
Guests
February 1, 2011 - 7:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

January over and it was a really frustrating month. Got in some decent volume, esp with double guarantee week being multi entry but failed when deep a few times. Hoping for a much better February.

Sharkscope doesn't seem to track multi entry properly but overall volume was around 280 – 300 mtts played accoriding to OPR and sharkscope combined.

FTP OPR 24/210 ITM.  ABI $40.   ROI -43%

GUITEY99          64 $3.95   $39   9% $253   N/A Cereus 1/1/2011 1/31/2011
scg991          7 -$19.38   $62   -65% -$136  

Also played 17147 hands of cash (50nl/100nl FR) at 0.09bb/100.

So a shitty month to start but gonna have a monster Feb!!!

Oddzelot
Guests
February 11, 2011 - 9:19 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

gl for Februarys second half. Keep on target 🙂

guitey
Guests
February 28, 2011 - 1:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feb was a decent month, missed out on a couple big scores to 3 outers on big final tables but still a solid month.

I think sharkscope still doesn't account for multi entry MTTs as seperate tourneys so volume is a bit more. Pretty happy with volume and my ABI is up on last year too. Going well there so far.

2011 stats at top and Feb stats on bottom.

Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter  
568 $26.83   $39   58% $15,237   N/A N/A Global Alias Year2011 Sch. Onlyguitey (FT)
onoitsguitey (ME)
guitey99 (CE)
guitey (CK)
scg991 (PF)
guitey (PC)
x
387 $48.07   $39   112% $18,601   N/A N/A Global Alias 2/1/2011 2/28/2011 Sch. Onlyguitey (FT)
onoitsguitey (ME)
guitey99 (CE)
guitey (CK)
scg991 (PF)
guitey (PC)

Only played 1700 hands of cash in Feb, taking total cash stats to 18918 hands played at 1.82bb/100

Looking to carry on the winning ways into March. I am playing the UKIPT at Manchester in March so hopefully bink that!

praetor
Madness
High Stakes Mario Kart Propping
Members
Forum Posts: 1033
February 28, 2011 - 1:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is good you rebounded from Jan. Looks like you are sticking to your plan and that is what counts, keep grinding away. GLGL

"Your either in Sheen's Korner or your with the trolls."

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
Forum Posts: 2616
February 28, 2011 - 5:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Feb was my first losing month since April 2010 🙁

my overall cashing percentage was about half, prolly because i bubbled about 10 tourneys, maybe more. i also ran bad on final tables and if it wasn't for 1 win, i would have been seriously in the hole. ran way below equity for the whole month. 

in spite of that i am actually feeling as good about my game as i ever have. 

here is to next month 😀

guitey
Guests
April 3, 2011 - 10:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Couple decent scores in March but felt like I ran bad deep alot this month. Had a win in the $55, $25k on FTP and 4th for 3900 euros in the 100 euro nightly on pokerstars.fr.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/guitey/April.png
bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
April 3, 2011 - 8:39 pm

guitey, those are some pretty sick results, great work!

bennymacca said:

Feb was my first losing month since April 2010 🙁

my overall cashing percentage was about half, prolly because i bubbled about 10 tourneys, maybe more. i also ran bad on final tables and if it wasn't for 1 win, i would have been seriously in the hole. ran way below equity for the whole month. 

in spite of that i am actually feeling as good about my game as i ever have. 

here is to next month 😀

well i was right, march was up there with one of my best months 😀
won about 1300 at an ABI of $10 which is prolly my second best month ever, but i took down 2 tourneys and final tabled my biggest ever event (only to bust in 6th) but it turned around for me, and it felt awesome!
now to crush april as well 😀
cousteer
Guests
April 4, 2011 - 2:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

All i want is my ROI > ITM….  I frequently squeeze into the bubble (but am so “UNSIATISFIYED”) … more top 3s please!

oh, and to play some heftier tournies with time on my side…. have a crack at some juicier carrots to feed my malnourished roll.

guitey
Guests
April 4, 2011 - 11:30 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

thx benny, nice job too. 

watch vids, work on ur game and play alot and results will come.

Oddzelot
Guests
April 14, 2011 - 4:11 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

hey guitey,

y play on pokerstars.fr, how is the action there?

Is it easy to play as a european there?

btw nice results man,

greets

Always Ultra

guitey
Guests
April 14, 2011 - 6:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

AlwaysUltra said:

hey guitey,

y play on pokerstars.fr, how is the action there?

Is it easy to play as a european there?

btw nice results man,

greets

Always Ultra

The play is very loose, but overall pretty soft. You are fine to play as a european, you have to send in ID to get verified and able to cashout.

praetor
Madness
High Stakes Mario Kart Propping
Members
Forum Posts: 1033
April 14, 2011 - 2:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice score, I have noticed the more volume I play the better chance at making a profit as well. I loath my mundane scedule, never leaves enough time for poker, but I will find a way.  I had a real eye opener to this last Saturday when I played many games, except when I tried to multi-table 12 Rush tournaments that was a bad idea, nose started bleeding. GLGL hope to see more positive post.

"Your either in Sheen's Korner or your with the trolls."

guitey
Guests
May 2, 2011 - 4:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had a good April :). Won the $109 Sunday $50k on merge network for $10k and won the nightly 100 euro 40k gtd on pokerstars.fr for 8500 euros.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/guitey/apriltpe.png

Played 1700 hands of cash bringing the yearly total to 23414, running at 3.67bb/100

I have booked to go out to vegas for 3 weeks in June and have 13 events planned although will not play every one with making day 2's, day 3's etc. should be a good time and hopefully meet some of you guys out there.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
May 2, 2011 - 5:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

awesome!!  look forward to meeting you out there!

guitey
Guests
June 4, 2011 - 10:55 am

My computer blew up last Friday so I haven't played at all since then. Got it fixed and its working again now.

Didnt play any cash in May but made decent profit in MTT's. FT bubble the sunday majors on ongame and pokerstars.fr, deep runs in some mini FTOPS huge fields so could have been alot better. Must be saving the big ones for WSOP. I go to Vegas in 2 days. I won't be playing online now until I get back.

[Image Can Not Be Found]” alt=”” />

Oddzelot
Guests
June 4, 2011 - 11:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

nice stats gl for wsop

guitey
Guests
June 29, 2011 - 6:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I didnt make any money in June :/. But I had a lot of fun in vegas. Only managed a couple cashes at venetian, frustrating when you are playing well and can't win, but live poker is so slow and 3 weeks of play is like 1 day online so im not worried about it. It was good meetint the TPE guys out there too!

I got back yesterday, played for 90 mins on rush cash on FTP and this morning wake up to the news that FTP have lost there license and now the client won't even open. Luckily I cashed out the majority of my FTP money before I left because of some rumours I heard and it cleared while in vegas. Just have to wait and see if I get the $800 off there that I left on.

Hoping to crush some other sites in July tho and also play UKIPT Brighton in mid July. Feel good about my live game.

Gotta say gl to the TPE guys still in vegas and for the main event!

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
June 30, 2011 - 12:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was great meeting you in Vegas Guitey!!

wilmont
Guests
July 1, 2011 - 7:09 pm

Wow Guitey! Your crushing! Very nice stats, especially the ROI%! Here in the land of Nazi control (the US) its hard to play online 🙁

By the way…..I hate you. jk winkwink

guitey
Guests
August 9, 2011 - 2:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I started playing on Party in July, seems rly soft. Prize pools are a lot smaller but still some good tournaments to play on there. Also played the odd tournaments on other sites. Frustrating month really tho.

Played 13k hands of cash on party to qualify for palladium staus. Also played a few thousand hands on pokerview. Made about $600 at cash.

August 3rd I played the $1650 GSOP live main event in Manchester but busted on day 1. The next day I chopped the £165 side event for £3255 heads up. It only got like 80 players but still a nice start to August.

The next day I got free entry to watch the Paul Scholes testimonial at Old Trafford in the Evolution suite 🙂

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
August 9, 2011 - 4:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want to play on party!!!!  smile

guitey
Guests
September 4, 2011 - 10:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shitty run in August, plenty of deep runs that just didn't work out.

Won $5k in my first September session tho so things are looking up. Won the $55, 10k for $3k and 2nd in the $20r for $2k, both on party.

Played like 600 hands of cash and won a small amount.

I have been going through tournaments and hands looking at where I could be improving so hopefully I can have a good September.

guitey
Guests
September 4, 2011 - 10:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

and I have no idea why it posts my screenshots twice, it didnt used to do that.

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
September 4, 2011 - 7:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

that is some pretty sick results right there

guitey
Guests
January 3, 2012 - 8:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Slacked with this after I had troubles with my account here end of September. 

2011 graph:

I went on a big downswing when I came back from Vegas, maybe something to do with having to change sites schedules etc. cuz of FTP and UB, but managed to pull it back and finish off the year OK and I took a lot of time off this year too. so I am pretty happy.

I did improve a lot this year. I met most of my goals but didn't get any HH's reviewed and probably posted less on forums. Oh well, something to aim for this year again.

This year I am basically going to have the same goals. Increase volume and ABI and hopefully that increases my profit 🙂 Got my first live tourney of the year on Saturday the 7th, 560 at DTD in Nottingham so hopefully start off with a bang.

Gl to everyone this year

guitey
Guests
January 3, 2012 - 8:37 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

And can anyone tell me how to post pictures without making it post double?

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 3, 2012 - 6:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ill tell you how to not post double when you tell me how to crush that hard 😀

kingoflimbs1
Guests
January 9, 2012 - 12:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

How did the £500 deepstack go at DTD guitey? I will be at the Grand Prix next week with a bit of luck, just gotta blag a couple of days off work!

guitey
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 5:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I busted DTD bout half an hour before the end of the day. I built my stack up to 100k and sitting good. Lost like 6 pots with JJ+/AK and lost 99 to JJ for 20bbs. Just crushed my stack and reshipped A8 into AK.

Gl if you play the grand prix

kingoflimbs1
Guests
January 12, 2012 - 7:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah i managed to get some time off work so will be playing the Grand Prix Thursday and re-buying Friday if I dont get through first attempt. Just won a 50 euro satellite on DTD for the Feb £500 deepstack so looking forward to that one too!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

jankyjon

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11987

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1