View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
90/180 Player SnG's - August Challenge
AlPike
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 64
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 27, 2015 - 1:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys,

I've decided I'm gonna dedicate August to grinding low stakes (up to $7 to start with) 90/180 man sit and goes (Turbos/Regular speeds and rebuys) on stars. A couple of reasons for doing so, I've recently done some coaching sessions with Matt and realised I really need to put some work in on my short stack game (both push/fold and calling ranges) and I'm also going through a rough patch with MTTs and just want to try and kill some variance and rebuild my roll (it would be nice to see graph going up for a bit too!

My intention is to get 3-4 sessions per week in. Having never just played SnGs, does anyone have any recommendations/thoughts on volume I should be looking to put in and what a reasonable ROI would be? I'm consious that I don't want to be too goal orientated but some idea of where a good place to be is would be really helpful.

Cheers,

Al

joelshitshow
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 582
July 27, 2015 - 10:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

SNGs take less thinking, but if you're trying to focus on your short stack game do you give up some of that by playing more tables?

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
Forum Posts: 141
July 28, 2015 - 11:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi mate.

Pulse.au and Chilin_dude did a twitch stream battle, both are SnG regs. Pulse a former SNE Hyper reg and Chilin had a $100-100k Challenge on 2+2 that he completed.

Ok, so they did a twitch battle, both started with $250 100 buy ins, did play the $2.5 180 mans on stars for 24hrs. Well that was the plan, Chilin did start to play, went to bed, came back and did go broke before the challenge was complete. Pulse was going the same way, down down down, had major luck and turned it around, binked one with 6? Buy ins left, managed to get some momentum and ended up ~$20 or so on the challenge. Not sure how many SnGs they did play, but they had like 8-12 going all the time.

Not printing money, not easy to kill variance. People that tell you otherwise never tried them self.

I wish you all luck, but don’t expect to make huge profit. Look at it as practice.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1