View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (1 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Going Pro in 2015!!!
Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
Forum Posts: 181
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 2, 2015 - 3:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sunday Grind Update: 

ACR: + $200 

Got started a little late this Sunday because I went out Saturday night for halloween shenanigans and got to bed very late.  Opted to get extra sleep and miss the first few tournaments on my schedule.  4-tabled playing just ACR and had a solid day with a 4th,2nd and a min ish cash in the $22 25k.  

Spending all day today frantically packing and preparing for my PUNTA CANA trip, we leave tomorrow!!  Will post an update at some point about this trip.  Playing the Main Event Day 1A on the 4th.  Super excited.  Later!

Lloydy
United Kingdom
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 12
November 2, 2015 - 3:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck man! Will be checking the updates

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
November 17, 2015 - 2:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks man!! 

I slacked a bit for the past week or so and have not updated the thread for a bit.  Was traveling in Punta Cana then had a death in the family and some other things get in the way.  Anyway, here’s what’s new since my last post: 

ACR: +$40

I’m basically break even on ACR since my last post given the volume I’ve played.  I had an incredible trip to Punta Cana, and ended up playing the $1600 Main event fo free thanks to America’s Cardroom.  I also played the $350 farewell event and sattied into the $3200 High Roller, which was super fun to play.  I had no tournament cashes, but it’s pretty easy to go 0 for 3 in live tournaments and I am very happy with my play in those events.  I brought my girlfriend with me and we got to hang out for several hours every morning on the beach and had lots of massages.  It was awesome.  Oh and there was some sort of a swimsuit modeling competition at the resort for the whole week too, so there were beautiful women in bathing suits all over the place.  I also got to meet Ari Engel, Evan Jarvis, and Ali Imsrovich (sp?) as well as a lot of other really cool people.  I played about 30 hours of live cash also and did well in those games, covering most all of my MTT losses.  

Going forward there are some changes happening to my grind schedule, for now I will be playing some more Bovada along with my ACR volume and also firing some monopoly money tournaments on Merge.  I have discussed it with some people I respect and we decided that risking a small deposit on there is probably OK and worthwhile.  After returning from Punta Cana I played one 12 hour live cash session here in Maine that went really well, and going forward I will be playing live cash once a week along with my online MTT volume.  I’m thinking that will be every Friday.  I will be updating this thread nightly again from now on.  

Rungood everyone!

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
November 19, 2015 - 2:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yooo, 

Forgot to update yesterday before playing so this update is cumulative for the last 2 nights sessions: 

Total net: -$424 

Had some 3rd and 2nd’s in turbos on ACR but really frustrated that the ship has been eluding me lately.  Haven’t cut my hair for a while and plan not to until I win a significant tournament.  It’s getting annoyingly long.  Don’t care.  I have been slacking on meditation and workouts not doing them daily, but my diet has been really healthy and I have been putting in a lot of hours of studying.  I need to make sure to meditate before playing but sometimes I just can’t bring myself to take that extra 10-15 minutes, which is actually horribly bad.  Probably not playing online until the weekend, getting into a lot of studying today and tomorrow I’ve got coaching followed by the new Friday routine of grinding live cash.  I’ve also started doing 20 hours of coaching outside my backing with TPE pro Daryl Jace, we are recording it all and putting it up on youtube.  This is probably really good material to be getting for free if anyone wants to check it out, you can find it on Daryl’s youtube channel here: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpBHK4Ui18JMpSNxGurI_QA

Rungood!

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
November 23, 2015 - 8:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sunday Funday update:

Net Profit: + $900

Had a pretty good Sunday.  Best score was 4th in a $33 15k on Bovada for just north of $1400.  Had a few other runs but mostly min-ish cashes.  Feel my mental game and focus were very on point and I played well.  Actually got to the FT of the 15k as a shorty and CL was on my left the whole time.  Pretty happy with my FT play, although anything less than 1st can tend to be frustrating.  Looking forward to the OSS series starting on WPN later this week!!

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
November 24, 2015 - 4:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Monday Update: 

Net: -$120 

Had a really solid grind yesterday.  Studied and did laundry all day and got a late start to grinding around 8 PM ET.  Had a 5th and 6th in turbos on WPN and Bovada, and had several other deep runs on Bovada where I had just over min cashes finishing 14th in a $10 5k and 20-somethingth place in the $22 8k.  Just didnt win a few flips late, but super happy to be putting together lots of runs on Bovada again.  Feel like I am improving rapidly and studying effectively which is a great feeling and tends to have the side effect of forcing me out of results-oriented thinking and stops me from feeling shitty about myself just because I’ve had a losing day or week.  Starting up an evening grind tonight LFG

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
November 27, 2015 - 2:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tuesday Grind: 

Net: + $186 

Felt really good during this session, was very focused and playing well.  Shipped the $22 turbo on ACR so I could finally shave and cut my hair, just in time for Thanksgiving!  I haven’t played online since Tues. with the holidays, but plan to play tonight-Monday night and maybe take Tuesday off next week.  The WPN OSSV series starts tonight and my reach goal for the series is to finish in at least the top 20 for the series leaderboard in order to bink a cash bonus.  This may be really difficult since I am not playing any of the high stakes events, but I think it is a good goal.  For the next 4 days it’s GRIND TIME!! 

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
November 28, 2015 - 2:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Friday Grind: 

Net: -$397

Despite having a pretty big losing day for my current buy-in range, I am quite happy with the session and how I played.  Ended up getting an 11th,6th, and 8th and all these bust outs were spots where I got it in with at least 60% equity and up to 80% equity and lost.  If we won just 1 or 2 of these spots we likely make money on the day.  Just finished a coaching session with the boss Daryl Jace and firing the saturday grind up let’s goooooo!!

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
December 6, 2015 - 1:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey TPE, 

Haven’t updated for about a week.  Since my last update I am on a downswing down about -$1100.  It seems like when I go on these down streaks I have a hard time taking a few minutes to write updates.  As soon as I post this I will be firing up a Sunday grind after taking a few days off from poker.  I’m feeling pretty good, well rested.  I’ll try to be more diligent about posting in here.  Have been working on my pre-ante opening ranges, push/fold and 3bet reshove ranges, 12-20bb LP ranges, and BB defending lately.  Over a small-ish samply my pre ante winrate has skyrocketed lately so I am very happy about that.  I also am feeling much more comfortable with my reshove ranges.  LEGGGOOOO!!

Douggyfr3sh
High Stakes Shark
Members
January 5, 2016 - 2:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

So, I kind of abandoned this thread throughout the year.  2015 Didn’t go well for me results-wise and I am pretty unhappy with the year online.  I do feel that I have improved a lot and plan to continue grinding and improving, but I decided that I will post updates and keep track of my goals for 2016 on my personal blog site instead of trying to cross-post in multiple poker threads.  This will allow me to add in media content like pictures,videos, and charts more easily.  If you are interested in following my 2016 results and progress you can do so in my blog, where I have outlined my goals for the year and will continuously update my progress.  My blog can be found at …..tivity.com

Best wishes to all of the TPE nation and look forward to killing it in 2016 with all of you!

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
January 6, 2016 - 3:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

keep up the grind and good luck!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1