View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
im baaaack and ready for 2014
bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
Forum Posts: 2616
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 14, 2014 - 7:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

hey guys,

i havent been around TPE much lately. i have always still been a member, but there were some issues that for some reason meant i couldnt post properly, and i have also been pretty slack with watching the videos lately. and it is probably no coincidence, that whilst still profitable, 2013 was my worst year since 2009.

so i am going to make a concerted effort to re-invigorate my study habit, watch more videos, post more in the forums, and try to track my progress more closely with monthly updates etc.

so here are my goals for 2013. they will be loxxii-like, but much less dedicated

1. post a progress report at the end of every month
2. watch at least 1 video a week, but i will endeavour to watch them all
3. comment on at least 5 strategy posts a week.
4. post a hand of my own per week.
5. win a series of the TPE home game i currently compete in, which will allow me to play a $1k live tournament.

for a bit of background, for those that dont know me, i am a part time grinder that currently plays once or twice a week, at the low to mid stakes. i usually play 2r, 3r, and $10-$55, with the occasional $8 and $15 180 thrown in. average buyin ranges from $15 to $25 depending on what i play, and i am up about 20k lifetime online and 27k live.

my goal is to keep grinding these stakes, and by the end of the year have the roll to add in the $75 and $109 tournaments in australian night times on pokerstars (there isnt much for choice).

i will be posting here and also on my blog, …..ymacca.com, so hopefully i can keep myself accountable to you guys and that will mean i have a sucessful year

Foucault

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 2067
January 14, 2014 - 8:43 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice, I didn’t even know you had a blog! Should be fun to follow along, and of course you are one of my favorite guys to root for.

Regarding your goals, couple of suggestions:

1. You probably know this already, but your #5 is beyond your control. It really jumps out at me because of how specific and measurable the others are, which is great.

2. I’d suggest trying to be explicit about the connection between watching videos, posting hands, and actually getting better at poker. Don’t let it be just a passive process, hoping that you’ll osmote (is that a word?) some skillz along the way. When you watch a video, identify some new thing that you learned and make an active effort to do that thing well the next time that you play. Then post a hand where you tried to do that thing, whether or not it succeeded, and be sure to tell us what the thing you were trying to learn was.

Have fun!

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 547
January 14, 2014 - 9:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

lol looked up the word, the verb for osmosis is osmose.

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 14, 2014 - 4:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

thanks for the kind words
my blog is mostly about stuff other than poker at the moment, but i will be putting more poker related stuff on there.

i agree about the last goal, but in our home game on stars we have usually between 6 and 12 runners, and 8 week seasons, so that gives me at least 6 or so cracks at winning one, so although it is out of my control, i will most certainly feel disappointed if i dont win one.

agree about your third point too. when i was writing this last night, i couldnt help but think about back when i used to write the TPE whats new article. although i did get paid a small amount, the real value to me was the fact that it forced me to watch every single video, and in hindsight that was worth a TON as i get a bit lazy now and struggle to watch them all in a week. but you are right, i could make it an even more structured process. Although i was always an active watcher of the videos, i.e i wasnt grinding whilst watching, i could have still done it better.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
January 14, 2014 - 10:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

LEGANDARY indeed. You might be the only person with that undertitle.

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
Forum Posts: 428
January 15, 2014 - 3:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

i’ll be following along too Benny. I really should have posted a topic myself already this year, may do tonight. See ya when i suckout on you in the home game!

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 15, 2014 - 3:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

holy shit, 2500 posts!

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 15, 2014 - 3:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

bahaha it just changed the title to “road gambling with doyle”

awesome

i wonder what the next level is hehe

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
Forum Posts: 428
January 15, 2014 - 3:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

prob binking HS hypers

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
January 16, 2014 - 1:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

bennymacca said:

bahaha it just changed the title to “road gambling with doyle”

awesome

i wonder what the next level is hehe

Only one way to find out!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1