View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (2 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Nervous Mike - My poker journey!
Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
Forum Posts: 141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 29, 2014 - 11:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Hi Tpe!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3689337595/0cc49d09ef08cb280a47f2c3a09116bd.jpeg

This is me, a picture to accociate with the words is always nice in my opinion.

Some of you have seen me in the chat as I have been there for almost every day at different times. I get starstruck when the people I watch in the vids pop in and I get nervous and I talk to much crap. 😛 I'll namedrop and say thank you to duckster49, emb and Gsmyth5 as you got me going the right route!

Anyway. My introduction thread is here

My life status atm is that I got a full time job that I hate. I work in a tyre shop, fixing everthing from wheelbarrows to dumpers and trucks. Personalcars (winter and summertires changing etc, busy season in Sweden)

Im singel, 30 in April, and got no kids. I have nobody I “need” to care about so to say. I have lots of overtime and vaccation to take out from work. After holidays with familly and back to work I was about to puke, every day I wake up I have that feeling in my stomach, I hate it, I don't wanna go. – Don't take me wrong, we are 4 people, great guys, but as of now there is a down period. Less to do, demands from “the top table” to save money, cut expenses, no investments.

You work your ass off, every day, really hard, try to help everyone you can, work weekends. You go to work on weekends when you don't need because a regular and good customer have a flat tire and calls you on your private phone, sometimes in the middle of the night. And no reward, not a single “thank you”, or “good job” from the management. The customer comes with a home baked cake or muffins, or cookies as a thank you, that is rewarding.

But this is not me. I did graduate school with best marks in my class, top grade in almost all subjects. – I did the military stuff all swedes had to do. The best time of my life! I was picked as the best soldier of my platoon. First day I was there to drive a tank, didn't have a driving license by then, so I got replaced. I ended up as a Sergeant, promoted twice and became the chief of my platoon – oh and yeah. They got me my driving license too 😛

This factory ain't for me. Life has more to offer me than be a slave in the system! So…

So….

So I was one day in tpe chat, rambling about my badbeats and how I got on tilt. I got the advice to try another pokersite. I normaly play on Pokerstars, but got suggested to try PartyPoker & Pokerstars.fr for example. Then I watched another video on here, why get mad about a badbeat? If I can fool the opponent to get it in vs me way behind, I should be happy! – So I changed my view on things. 2014 is my year. I did download PartyPoker and noticed I had an 8 year old account? – Swe_Mike84, very mature screen name… 😉

2014 – The year I will grind. So what is grind? I guess everyone has there own standards of what a grind is. Mine will be to play with a solid bankroll management, put in as much volume as I can without playing too many tables. I still wanna pick up reads and take notes. Last year I did around 11.2k MTTs at Pokerstars. But crappy bankrollmanagement killed me. 2014 is the year that will change!

Just recently I did have a computer upgrade and got myself a new monitor, the one in the middle is new 27″  2560*1440 resolution (12 tables no problem!) and the 2 on the sides are 22″ 1680*1050

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfGwVdiCQAEm14o.jpg:largeImage Enlarger

So I did cash out $50 from my Stars account, did put it on PartyPoker. People told me it is too small. I said I'll give it 1 bullet, and reload $500 if it doesn't work out. So what do you start to play with a $50 roll? Freerolls and $0,5 $1 MTTs was my pick. Not very much to choose from. I was very close to bust my $50 roll but a early deep score saved me and got me back to $40 or so. Then the stupid move to play a $5 might have been what I needed. (as I said, I was not afraid to reload from my Pokerstars account)

Date Tournament Game 1st Prize Winner Buy in Entries Rank Prize  
 21 Jan 14 $500 Gtd HENL Swe_Mike84 $5 196 1 $163  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfCi_0YCYAATMsq.jpg:largeImage Enlarger

Today is the 30th of January. Almost 300 tournaments later according to HM2, and 224 if I look at OPR.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfNA_j4CcAA7H3c.png:largeImage Enlarger

So now, when I write this Party Poker software is updating, I did play a session where all tables got paused and refunded. Lost 4hours of play. But I had so many tilt moments about the hangups in the lobby so I hope that this will fix it. +EV in the long run!

So I did take a bath and falled asleep, woke up and no games on. Found out DannyN13, oldwaldo and Killingbird to pop in chat. Someone mentioned a blog before and a thread for motivation. So here it is. My 2014 progress thread.

/Michael

– alias Nervous Mike, Swe_Mike84, AAJokerOnTilt, Stalpan

Twitter

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
Forum Posts: 428
January 30, 2014 - 3:46 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gl mike! Will be following along

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
January 30, 2014 - 1:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good chatting with you last night.  Great post here and GOOD LUCK!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
January 30, 2014 - 2:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks guys 🙂
KB, I did change to BBcode as prefered options in forum layout and was able to get the links to work then btw.

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
January 30, 2014 - 4:28 pm

So how often should I update this? Want a graph or just a Bankroll update? – anything else you wanna know? Feel free to let me know and I will try to keep this interesting.

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 1, 2014 - 5:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A little story from just now…

I just did something crazy, been playing all day and didn’t plan my shopping very well. Got 1 tournament left, it’s only a 0,2$ buy in with rebuy and add on, so im in for 0,6$ in total. But I still don’t wanna donk it away, I was like 7/16 left, $75 for first, got a table change, Cler came to my table, and I did win 2-3 monster pots so I got 1/16, my plan was to sit out, rush to store, come back and bink it, but we was down to 5 handed, 40 mins until store close. Blinds would eat me to quick.

Finaly we hit the final table, I had 93bb, 10 minute levels and I had to go for it!
I hit sit out, rushed to store, came back, was 2nd in chips, lost like 10% of my stack only and binked it for $75 🙂 Multitasking!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 3, 2014 - 1:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So here is a small graph update. It’s easy to spot the Sundays in the graph :/

http://i60.tinypic.com/vdcrqc.pngImage Enlarger
Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 11, 2014 - 7:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok, so here is another new and pretty interesting graph. As I have tried to mix in some Double or Nothing recently.

http://i59.tinypic.com/oit2pw.pngImage Enlarger
jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 547
February 13, 2014 - 11:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Mike, fun talking to you the other day. You got me playing a bunch of double or nothings. I know it's tough to keep a page updated but keep it up!! I admire the work ethic. Graphs are for updates and hands are for keeping up our studies 🙂 If you post hands or ask questions and stuff, I'll gladly join discussion. Last Sunday while talking to you about your double or nothing grind I started playing $15 6max don's and while I haven't been on a heater, I am positive after about 30 so far and continue to run them as they fill up. My issue with them is that during the week when I work full time at the office, I often can only dedicate a couple of hours to really grind before my mind starts to slip, yet games run more at night after I've been home for a while. I think I might try taking a bath after work to relax before jumping into it like you suggested. Keep up the bankroll management!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 14, 2014 - 6:24 pm

Hi Jacob, thanks for stopping by! I know how you feel about full time job and grind, it’s hard to get it going after a full day at work. But I think the DoNs can be good instead of playing MTTs to have a shorter session.

So today is 1 month ago since I had my vaccation and started this challange, been playing decent, been hard on myself with BR management. Got myself up to Silver key level, 400 points, next stop is Gold key, 1k points. atm I have 784 points in Feb, 985 in total since I started the challenge. So gonna go for gold this month.

I did register on Pocket5s and noticed im 2nd in my city and “state”, and 64th in Sweden, even more motivation to work towards!

And here is the 1 months graph update! – Did have a 2nd place in the $10, $10k GTD Rebuy Turbo Big Add-on Yesterday, and today I took 6th in same tournament.

http://i57.tinypic.com/kew03c.pngImage Enlarger
jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 17, 2014 - 11:09 am

Hey Mike, glad to see youre bankrolls steadily climbing. Your thread has motivated me to make my own. Post some hands! congrats on the $10r score! 🙂

I have never used pocketfives before, and I registered. It's neat to see how you stand vs others in your area. I'm apparently in the top 10% for Florida, and 2/4 in Tallahassee. I want to find the guy beating me currently! It's neat to have another little motivation mover. Competition is good. 

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 22, 2014 - 5:16 pm

So I have done my very first poker video series ever. It’s a 7 parts HH review of my $200 Party poker $200k GTD Sunday Major. I did sat my way into it as this is too big for my bankroll to play atm.

Part 1
Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7

Please let me know what you think about it. Put comments in here and we can discuss hands.

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 22, 2014 - 5:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll watch Sunday when I get home from Gainesville!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 23, 2014 - 4:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A interesting hand from just now.

I have 87h, I minopen UTG. I get a call from MP.
board is 345h, I bet 787 into 1575, he puts in full stack of 16263

I have 21k behind. What to do?

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 23, 2014 - 8:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So here is the fresh graph of right now.

http://i58.tinypic.com/t50tts.jpgImage Enlarger
jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 24, 2014 - 12:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

keep up the good work mike! i don't know about the shove of 21k or whatever. i'd run numbers and then make decision based on what a win means how often youre winning…just like how much it changes chances of getting big score in tournament vs the likely grind of the rest of the tournament if you fold. like id have to think about it hard to not call if i think i don't have dirty outs too often ya know? idk. depends on meta aspects of the game, which is just what a win does to the game for you and how often a win comes up…just my thoughts

Gsmyth5
Grinding Micros
Forum Posts: 47
February 24, 2014 - 6:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Mike, just finished Part 1 and scribbled some notes as follows:

8:30 – K9o – I'd fold pre; fold to the 3bet; as played I think you should bet river once he's checked back the turn. On the flop, the board hits your calling range so when you do reverse float do so with a plan (e.g., to bet river if he checks back turn).

14.46 – KQs – We have blockers to AK/AQ so whilst I like your point about him having AX a lot, our blockers aren't insignificant. Not sure on the min raise OOP, just because when he does call it sets up difficult turn spots. The 2h on the turn will reduce our sets, so he'll like that card I guess and be more inclined to put us on a draw / feel happier about his medium pair? We can't b/f the turn I don't think with the flush draw and quite possibly two overs. On that specific turn I may check and call and evaluate river. Again, when you raise flop just have a plan for which turns you will bet etc (which you may have done).

24.00 – AKs – You get ~80bigs in which feels like a lot. I don't think he 5bets you with TT or AQ too often. I think it would be rare and a typical villains range will be QQ+. How are you playing AKo there?

26.14 – A9s – I don't think he's folding an Ace ever unless you bomb it, so your target should be to get a call from a King and size accordingly I think. Wp.

31.20 – A3s – I would bet the turn because I think he is calling with Kings/Queens/Jacks maybe if he has one of those big pairs plus heart.

37.53 – Q5o – I just fold pre. You've been quite active and the Button is agg.

41.10 – QQ – My worry with that Cbet sizing is that it could induce a raise from say AQ and put us in a tough spot. I would bet bigger, targeting JJ / AT, even weaker tens, which may call a ~half pot Cbet. I'd probably then bet smaller on turn to try to get another call in the hope that they may get attached to the hand and decide to hero call it off on the river.

Nice work mate!

Gsmyth5
Grinding Micros
Forum Posts: 47
February 24, 2014 - 6:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't know how the forum reads for everyone else but on my laptop it cuts off the end of sentences?

If you can't read the above in full Mike hit me up on Twitter.

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 25, 2014 - 9:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This forum does tend to cut off if you don't view it maximised. It doesnt do it to me all the time, but it happens yea.

Mike, I'll watch your video today!! Very excited. I'll be home around 5-6pm and planned on taking a break today, so this will be good study material. Perhaps I'll watch 2 or 3 parts and post comments? Not sure. I think I should be home and free. I have no plans and would like to get to bed early tonight, so it should stay that way! talk to you soon buddy. keep up the good work

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 25, 2014 - 2:14 pm

Hey guys, thanks for taking time reading and big thank you to Gsmyth for watching my video and to add those nice comments.

I agree and hear what you say about all hands except maybe the last hand 41.10 QQ. I was like 80% sure he had AA there, so im actually pretty happy to bet small, see a K, rep it and take it down. If he have another pocket pair I don’t want to give him more cards for a set. I basicly know I’m beat and just find a way to bluff myself out of it. Maybe wrong to turn a hand as strong as QQ into a bluff. But at the time it just felt right.

I really appreciate the time and effort you took into this first part.

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 25, 2014 - 2:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dang Mike, nice monitor set up! I just saw it haha. I'm ordering my computer parts on Friday!! 😀

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 25, 2014 - 2:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Added a 4th monitor since that picture 😛 Will update once I have it installed properly where I want it to be. Now It just stands right on top of the right one and leaned towards the wall. But gonna get a wallmounted arm for it.

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 25, 2014 - 2:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

How many games are you playing at once?

Flicka
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 7
February 26, 2014 - 8:10 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck on your new grinding… have been thinking of partypoker also. Are there any tournament.

The thing i like about Starts is that there is always a good tournament starting. You dont have to wati for one specific tournament.

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
February 27, 2014 - 4:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jacob, at most I grind 18-24 tables, but that was a few months ago now. Now the most I play is like 10-12.

Flicka, yes, for sure, Pstars got alot better tournaments going all the time. And the best software for sure. I’m gonna split my time more to Pstars again I think

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 27, 2014 - 4:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

dang mike you trooper haha. i'm so excited to order my new computer stuff tomorrow. ill finally be able to add more tables. i'm so excited.

just found this article for the first time in a while, thought i'd share. it's super insightful into what variance is. it's just a lot of math explained and if you don't want to read it, there are charts explaining. The mtt blog is the one I imagine most useful, but I included all of them. talk to you later!

…..poker-pro/

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
March 30, 2014 - 11:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So not much time for poker as my most busy season at work just kicked in.

But I did find some time today to redo my monitor setup. Before painting and after painting also is in the picture.
Hope to find some time for a session soon again!

GL to everybody at the tables!

http://oi58.tinypic.com/291ewe0.jpgImage Enlarger
Church1ll84
Guppy
Members
Forum Posts: 5
March 30, 2014 - 6:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mike, 

I'm in the US Army and am curious how the system works in terms of retaining the force? I'm glad you've enjoyed your service and sad to say that US Joes that came to Europe have to head back stateside to get their license. I made it up to Stockholm last year and really enjoyed the military museum up there. Probably my favorite one in Europe. My unit trains up your Army every now and then and my guys can't help, but to use the pic below:

…..r-sort-of/

I'm still waiting for my my military to allow the pony-tail, but probably not anytime soon.

I enjoy your posts and hope the grind takes you in a better direction. 

Church

Flicka12Bet
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 53
March 31, 2014 - 8:00 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Mike,

Just noticed your vids. started watching them. Thanks for sharing.

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
April 28, 2014 - 3:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello guys, long time since I did a update on this.

Work is back to almost normal now, and that is good as it also means I can go back to work normal hours. To have the energy to put in some poker in between.

So this weekend I decided to dedicate to poker. My alarmbell on the phone was sat at 5.20am. Gah! on a Saturday? Yeah, only free time that I could get my laundry done. So started my morning with laundry, coffee and poker grind.

I did play well for a long time but nothing very deep. Here are some results from my Saturday, read the list from bottom and up
and as you can see I was pretty close and got in decently deep runs until I did come to heads up in the 5.5r (I did 1 rebuy 1 add-on) 2x-Turbo 20k GTD @ Stars.

26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL Nervous Mike $2 58 1st tie $5.50
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL brett_threat $5.50+ 1183 2 $3,186
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL §fruutland§ $4.40 4315 46 $33
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL cre0x $33 1763 34 $175
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL erwi68 $0.11 2485 179 $0.29
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL Nervous Mike $0.77+ 389 1st tie $33
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL tapanarcho $2.20 161 25 $2.73
26 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL Schmu2 $0.55 1782 55 $1.42

This is some of my Sunday grind also at Stars. So what I read out from this is that I can get decently deep in tournaments, but when it really start to matter I some how tend to bust. My late game is something I have to work on.

27 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL TiltKing81 $2.20+ 2754 42 $55
27 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL sandre99 $5.50+ 1040 62 $43
27 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em * HENL YassStan $8.80 17193 450 $44
27 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL Die Ventura $8.80+ 1961 73 $77
27 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL Nervous Mike $1.10+ 93 1st tie $109
27 Apr 14 No Limit Hold’em HENL jose063 $1.10 6577 66 $9.53

Overall I’m happy with the result, I will analyze some of the tournaments and do the replayer review and hope to see what I do good and what I can improve on.

Thank you for reading and thank you for the support on my road in the poker world.
Oh yeah, today I did go down to 80% on my job. Gonna be free as many Mondays as I can.

/Michael

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
May 5, 2014 - 3:52 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

8 days ago I did come up with my careers so far 2nd biggest score of $3,186 when I finished 2nd in a $5.5R with 1183 entrants.

Yesterday I did beat that with a victory in a $2.2R with 2594 entrants and shipped $3,415.

Did get that win pretty early in my grind and had a pretty hard time to refocus and play good poker.
Did bust the $109 M Progressive Knockout Scoop event with a 3bet all in squeeze vs a UTG short stack open and a limper, I jam AA and they flip over KQo and 88. 8 on the flop obv and I bust.

Had a bad run in the Sunday Million also, but I did win 3 $1.65r satellites to it this week, 2 of them with just 1 add-on. 0 Rebuys.
When I won the 3rd I did decide to play it.

Did cash in Party 200k Main event also for $540, did finish 94th I think. Was chipleader for a while but did get 2 bad beats and 1 stupid play when I finaly tripled my 13bb stack with TT vs AKs up to 34bbs.
The very next hand after a very solid player minopens UTG+2 with 38bbs behind, I 3bet 88 and he jams. I think I’m abit ego tilt here because I know 88 is way behind his range but I hit the call button and he flips over JJ.

I did win a satellite to that tournament also so nice run non the less. Just a bit disappointed in my self for not beeing able to get back control of my game with 34bbs.

But live and learn, get better! As long as you learn from your misstakes, turn them to something good and analyze and know why it was a bad play and not just scream “Bad beat, bad beat” even a loss can be a victory in the long run!

Good luck at the tables!

Flicka12Play
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 14
May 5, 2014 - 3:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice score Mike!

I know the feeling after a big score or a deep run how hard is to recofus. I have the same issue… not lately but it used to happen… But great play!

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
May 5, 2014 - 1:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

nice work!  you are killing it!

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
May 5, 2014 - 4:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

dude mike you should have seen me yesterday when i saw your tweet about the 2r win! I was running around the card room telling anyone who would listen while my buddy was playing his tournament.

OneTime1Time
Sunday Major
Members
Forum Posts: 236
May 7, 2014 - 1:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great job on the two FT's and the win!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
May 8, 2014 - 6:23 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnJWxgoIMAIF3O_.jpg:largeImage Enlarger
BooM! Heater!

Time to play a sick amount on .fr to try hunt that first ever triple crown!

Flicka12Play
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 14
May 9, 2014 - 3:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Keep them coming Mike!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
May 9, 2014 - 9:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got 8th in the 10kR I won last night and 2nd in a $10 1.5k Gtd

My $50 is now $5k+ so far, and in total I have now reached the goal of the year to make $10k. Gotta move my goals forward now! Glad it’s that way. BR management really pays off if you can put in the grind along with some hot runs!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
June 9, 2014 - 7:41 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Haven’t updated this in a while and I guess that’s what’s happening when you go on a downswing. You don’t wanna write about it. But for a fact I think I have just played bad lately.

To be fully honest with myself my hotstreak made me think I was invincible and again went outside the BRM rules I set to myself. Just to go downhill as I did before and wrote about earlier. Good thing is I have stopped. I found myself doing this before the damage was too big and I have still a decent roll to repair the crappy BRM. REFOCUS! Gotta be honest to yourself in those spots…

My next goal to work on is how to approach the final table and the last 3-4 tables. Patience is something I need to learn and learn how to change gear from turbo mode to a slower state.

GL at the tables and with hard work I think the things will turn around again. ATM I read Kill Everyone, but I really don’t enjoy that book as much as Mental Game of Poker, so I might start another book and put it aside for now and come back to it later.

Always learning, always earning, maybe not money, but at least knowledge 🙂

G4uths
Guppy
Members
Forum Posts: 4
June 12, 2014 - 9:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Mike I just went through your thread.

Going on a downswing after being on a heater is just standard imo. As you said, we tend to overestimate our skills and believe we will continue to print bills at that pace. The good thing is that you realized it before it gets too deep.

If you wanna work on your final table skills, I suggest you play sngs ranging from 6max to 180man. The main challenge is to not let your downswing affect your play. Keep playing, studying, and results will keep on coming !

Good luck club

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
June 12, 2014 - 6:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp9j9RzIUAA0w8W.jpg:largeImage Enlarger
Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
August 21, 2014 - 5:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I have not been playing any poker in forever it feels like. Busy IRL with other stuff, took a small break and also did hurt my back. With the back issue I couldn’t sit for longer times without pain and not able to focus 100%. So I decided it was best to not play.

But I have been watching videos and reading books. Just not playing.
Smallish session today back at the 180 man $2.5 SnG at Stars, played 6 of them or so. Mostly to get the rust and dust off and feel how my back can take it.

Managed to finish 2nd in 1 of them for a profit on the session and ITM in 2 more. Back feels ok so soon I’m back on the grind again hopefully.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
August 22, 2014 - 12:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

ttwist

TPE Pro

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 1230
August 22, 2014 - 9:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nervous Mike said:

So I have not been playing any poker in forever it feels like. Busy IRL with other stuff, took a small break and also did hurt my back. With the back issue I couldn't sit for longer times without pain and not able to focus 100%. So I decided it was best to not play.

But I have been watching videos and reading books. Just not playing.
Smallish session today back at the 180 man $2.5 SnG at Stars, played 6 of them or so. Mostly to get the rust and dust off and feel how my back can take it.

Managed to finish 2nd in 1 of them for a profit on the session and ITM in 2 more. Back feels ok so soon I'm back on the grind again hopefully.

get back to us soon bro and get crushing again, ive enjoyed keeping an eye on your progress all year and got “Nervous” when i didnt see any updates

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
September 7, 2014 - 7:51 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw7KH8SIAAAAoRz.jpg:largeImage Enlarger

Small sunday morning bink, started to build a bankroll at 888poker also, good start on first tournament played there for a while.

To reduce variance of MTTs I added a lot of $2.5 180 man sng also. They are also big variance but I have beat them before so I go back to that winning concept as a good mix.

GL to all of you playing WCOOP etc, way out of my bankroll but someday!
Keep working hard and the hard work will pay off!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
September 8, 2014 - 12:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxBjNm-CEAA4Ktu.jpg:largeImage Enlarger

Day after sunday punting grind.

Got heads up and he jammed 100% when I raised in small blind, I had 3-1 lead going heads up. I was at first almost getting in panic mode. What to do? I don’t wanna punt it off on a flip. Then I took 3 deep breaths, remembered the heads up videos I watched on here. I did adjust and started to flat him to see flops. Worked good as I was able to outplay him to win it.

Kalculater
Nose Bleed Member
Members
Forum Posts: 428
September 9, 2014 - 1:44 am

Noted Stalpan on 888 as reg…

Im Blind.minds – see you on the tables.

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
September 21, 2014 - 7:58 pm

Binked some, lost some, over all doing ok. Considering taking some coaching soon(ish) as my roll grows.

YashN
Lighting Money On Fire
Members
Forum Posts: 21
October 7, 2014 - 7:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Impressive and inspiring run, Mike. Keep it up!

Nervous Mike
Sweden
Midstakes Master
Members
October 9, 2014 - 6:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bziba8XCEAElevw.jpg:largeImage Enlarger

Had a cooler when I jam AQo and he call Ax AK2 flop, x turn 2 river for a split, was for a CLer pot and HU. Then AJ<AQ, but hey, gotta be happy as I was able to grind a 5bb stack for a long time and managed to make it to FT and top 3!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1