View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (3 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Operation 1k .10/360 BR building
Phoenix390
Guests
February 5, 2011 - 5:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sup TPE nation!  I will come right out and say one of my biggest leakes in poker is BR management.  I have basicly been playing a 5k BR on an installment plan since I started playing for fun 4 years ago.  I have never really gotten serious with poker as I just havn't been in the right spot to do so.  However, I am now in such a spot.  College is done and I got a perfect job for playing poker.  I work as a caregiver on weekends and am off for week.  So I usually work friday thru sun and am off rest week.  SO…My plan

I have 22$ on stars and want to do some BR building.  I am going to stay strict with it and really apply my self.  I am going to do this by playing the holy hell out of the .10/360's on stars.  I think this will be very gr8 as I will be building a roll and getting some serious experience in l8 stages.  I figure with 220 buyins at .10 ea…if I lose my roll then well…something is seriously wrong lol.   I am not sure how many of these I will play…I am going to play 1k for sure and reevaluate my situation after 1k of these tourneys.  Giving my self a modest 30% roi my br after 1k should be around  50-60$  I should be able to play 100 or so a day when im not working.  If this goes well and its not excruciatingly slow I will do this until I have a roll to support the 2.20$ 180's.  I got some cash on UB and full tilt for when I want to bust out a mtt.  However I also plan on playing a $1.10 mtt on stars everytime I get 3rd-1st.  I will also be playing all the .10 facebook poker league tourneys as possible.   I will also play the $1.10 facebook and twitter tourneys on sundays.  Or maybe just 1 or the other I havn't decided yet.  

Unfortunatly, I will be working till wed night as they needed me to pull some xtra shifts which is cool with me as I should stil be able to play some poker while they are sleep/working.  So…this is my plan.   I would love any advice or comments on what yall think I should do after the .10/360's.  How big should I build the roll..should I do the 45's/90's/ or 180's next? 

Thx yall and this is officially day 1 of my BR personal challenge .10/360's

Pce

Phoenix

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 5, 2011 - 5:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

good luck !!

Krul Hul
Guests
February 6, 2011 - 8:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Just a thought to help you out. I have found using the responisble gaming feature on stars exteremely useful for BRM. It has made sure I stick to my plan. You can set it to whatever your needs are. As well use the tourney filter to hide all tourneys that you have restricted yourself from. As far as what next if you decided that the .10/360 is where your going to start whatever you decide I would suggest keeping it turbo as your decision making will be honed in for that. Once you have $220 in your roll the $2.20/180 is where I'd go at that point. The .25/90 is good practice for reg speed and would be a good idea to alternate days of play, turbo's one day. reg speed the next. Once your br is $440 start mixing $3.30 and $4.40 mtt's. I have found the $1.10 and $2.20 mtt's to be a waste as the fields are extremely large and full of donks even after clearing through 1/2 the field. I find the play after clearing 1/2 the field in the $3.30 and $4.40 to be much better (not as many pushing/calling all in cause they don't want to play anymore). Good Luck!

aguilerag
Guests
February 7, 2011 - 4:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is an awesome idea.  You have motivated me to try this too.  I had an $18 bankroll and have played 3x .10/360 and have build it up to $21!  It is going to be a slow going but I think I will grind them out.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
February 7, 2011 - 5:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

good advice Krul

Krul Hul
Guests
February 7, 2011 - 10:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Killingbird said:

good advice Krul

Thanks KB

Mikey Knight
Guests
February 27, 2011 - 4:40 am

Try to shift your focus to the $0.25 90 man as soon as possible if your bankroll is $20-$40. They are really nice and can boost your roll relatively quick if you multitable them. If you consistently finish deep, the $1.40 KO 90 man should prove to be really easy with a bankroll of $80-$160. The structure on those is even slower (4,5 hours to finish), but the the bounties essentially turn them into a freeroll for a $25 score. Multitabling is key: try to to play as much tables as you can, it will protect you from tilt, decreases variance and helps you to stay focused on the right plays. 

They fill up really quickly so I usually start with six tables continually until I'm ITM at four. Build a big stack and focus on keeping it! No need to play it like a turbo, postflop play should give you a huge edge here. Plus you're also playing rakefree, which makes a big difference when you put in volume.

Good luck!

Edit: I agree to avoid the $1.10 MTT's at this point.

Phoenix390
Guests
March 2, 2011 - 9:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, thanx guys for all your replys and support!  Just goes to show that TPE is more of a family then a forum or training site.  Well, since I made this goal and post a few things have changed.  My true love is Rush poker.  I knew that when I posted this but the smallest buyins were 4.40$ so I couldnt play those w/o atleast 500$ so I was going to build up the PokerStars roll.  However, in early feb Full Tilt started offering the On Demand $1.10 Rush tourneys.  Its a 40 man sitngo but has late reg till level 7 so the fields get up to 300-600 with 1st being around 80$-150$  Its a very nice payout as 1st is usually about 25% of total prize pool even though its mtt.   I love holdem in general but rush poker is my true calling.  So as soon as I saw that I deposited 10$ on Full Tilt just to see what happend and things are going good.  Since Feb 18th I have played over 200 of these and have 8 final tables,  3 6ths, 2 7ths, 1 1st, 1 3rd, and 1 4th.  I also have a 10th and 12th.  I definitly feel like I should have atleast 1 or 2 1-3  finishes, but am very happy with the results .  I love these tourneys as they only take about 2 hrs to finish and are very soft.  I have found that Rush is definitly a game of its self.  1 rush tourney is like 5 tableing.  Time is a crucial element in these as you will get about 10 top 5% hands an hour on average.  That being said my strategy is very str8 forward.  I 3bet shove 99+ and KQ+ from anywhere and 77+, QJ+ from l8 position.  In these I would say 40bb is equivalent to 25-30 bb in a reg tourney, even turbo.   

My main focus I want to improve on is final table play.  I have found they play extremely tight at final table, but in the rest of tourney they play pretty soft…calling all in with 20bb with Q10, 55, and such.  I am not sure if I am playing to tight against this range?   I definitly want to master these and am 1/5th to my goal of 1k.  I started with 10$ and am at 63$ right now.  I have played a few mtt's as I cant resist the chance of a big score.   However, I have a structure I use.  For every 3rd I allow my self 1 $5 in mtt money, 2nd 8$, 1st 12$.   I am going to hit up the MiniFTOPS sattelites as they have lots of cheap soft sattelites.  I just wish I had more time to play but have been busy with work. 

So, what do yall think?  Killing Bird?   is 8 final tables, a 10th and 12th good for 200 small field mtt's?  Its killing me as I know I should have atleast 2 more 1-3 finishes…but I am definitly learning and this site has REALLY helped me…as I truelly understand the POWER of fold equity now…its like turning KQ into KK in the right spot lol.    The one thing I am afraid of is maybe im just in a good run of cards variance stage…but when your seeing a hand every 2-3 seconds you can see alot of good hands.   I did the math and you will see about 8-15 Top 5% hands in an hour in rush poker. as opposed to 2-3 in a normal tourney@ 70h/hr.   

It definitly HURTS to get to a final table and bust out in anything other then 1st, 2nd,3rd.  And it REALLY hurts to bust out 10th-12th lol.   I am learning ALOT and with these am able to pump out ALOT of em in a short time.  200 in 1/2 a month and I wasn't even playing alot…just a few 8hr sessions and a couple 3-4hr sessions.

I definitly feel like I have hit my stride and have fallen in love with Rush Poker and it is my GOAL to MASTER this form of holdem because I definitly feel its its own game.  like, limit, pot, and no limit it has its own class, its own strategys and best of all its FRESH, YOUNG, And New…and I plan on mastering this.  I will keep yall updated on my progress.  Thx again for all the support and plz feel free to comment and give advice as in my opinion, the day you stop learning is the day you should dig your own grave and crawl in.

God bless

Phoenix

Phoenix390
Guests
March 17, 2011 - 5:25 pm

So wanted to make an update.  I am at 231 games of  Rush OD MTT  The first 20 or so  I played were $4.40 but after that started playing $1.  I am at 80% total ROI for overall and @ 130% ROI for the $1  OD RUSH MTT.  I would just post the $1 but im not a subscriber to sharkscope so cant do advanced can only search SitNGos.    Since my last post I have made   4 more final tables for 1 7th, 2 8th's, and a first.  My ITM is 9-10%.   I am learning so much from playing these its insane.  The only thing is you are almost always shortstacked in these.  Even if you jump up to 70-100bb early by the time your itm your lucky to have 40-50bb .   In these 40bb is really like 25-30bb in a normal MTT so I have definitly had to adjust.   I still think I might be 3betshoving to tight.   I ram some numbers in pokerstove because i have been seeing ALOT of crzy shit.  calling all in with gapped suited connectors early…22-55  just insanity.  So I think that I need to open up my 3bet shove range to AT+,KJ+, maybe even QTs+?  Idk bout pairs because they will call with random 2 overs so much I think maybe I should stick to 77+?

Its very hard for me to call all in.   I think I may be folding to much when I raise, someone overshoves then another shoves over that.  But the crazy thing is that its not uncommon for one to roll over KT, and another A8s or something….its nuts lol.   Anyways.   I am still working on a correct 3bet %.

However I definitly play these HARD and FAST.  Right fromt he getgo you start with 50bb and in 3 min you got about 30-35 another 3 min and you got 20-25bb so IU just start out 3betshoving and it seems to be working pretty well.

Let me know what you guys think.

Phoenix

…..om/#graphs

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
March 17, 2011 - 5:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

looks like you are doing well so far!  and the high volume should definetly speed up your learning curve!

rawphil
Guests
March 18, 2011 - 2:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

wow great post! i have got ur same issue with brm… now i have 350$ on ftp and pretty much sticking to 3.30$ 90mans there… going up pretty nicely and usually multitabling (4-6 tbls). also find krul's post useful, it reflects a lot of thoughts i had…

anyway gl with ur plan!

phil

GaryLQ
Guests
March 18, 2011 - 3:13 pm

This is a great thread, good luck Phoenix, it sounds like you've made a great start and you're learning fast. I think you have a bright future in poker.

Phoenix390
Guests
March 20, 2011 - 5:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thx guys for the support!!  I really appreciate it.   I am really trying to learn and do well.   I make it a point to learn something new every tourney I play.  If something doesn't stand out during that tourney I go back and review my hands until I find something new to learn.    Also, now that I have a more cushy bankroll I am  starting to 4 table these.  Its INSANE!!! lol 4 rush tables is pretty intense but FUN.  Since its basicly push/fold from the get go in these unless you build a 50+bb stack its doable.  But ya, I am really happy and feel I am really making progress.  I continue to take shots as I know once I get a bankroll to allow me to play the low stake gurantees everyday then my poker carreer is going to take the next leap forward.   However, I dont worry to much as I know I am gaining mass experience every time I play one of the $1 OD Rush and I am sure I will always play these OD Rush tourneys as variance busters for along time.  I will love it when I can graduate to the $4 then $10 ext..  They are great tourneys to pad your bankroll. 

pce

Phoenix

Phoenix390
Guests
April 7, 2011 - 11:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sup TPE!!!  Just wanted to bust an update.  Since my last post on 3-17  I have made 5 more final tables.  2 6ths, 1 4th, and 2 1sts!!! yes..2 1sts and one of them was a $4.40 OD MTT Rush!! I am very happy and I havn't even been able to play NEAR what I want to because of work but WOW what  a difference one thing makes….AGGRESSION…AGGRESSION…AGGRESSION   I still havn't got very deep in a big field MTT but thats probably because I havn't even played 50 of em and they are also micros so 2-5k runner field sizes.  So…I am seriously destroying these OD rush mtt's and LOVING IT!!!  I was wanting more 1sts and now have 4 total 1sts out of 19 final tables.   The real AWSOME % that I love is that I am final tableing OVER 50% OF MY CASHES.  10% being 1sts.   OF course 400 tourneys is small sample size but I judging by my last tourney win I am pretty sure im not just in a gr8 variance stage because I can DEFINITLY tell a difference when I have a hot tourney and a regular tourney.   IDK…im still figuring this stuff out but am loving my progress…I just wish I could play more but just havn't had the time lately…Im really hoping to have more time soon so I can really crank these babys out.

So ya…  5 more final tables and 2 1sts.   Im loving it.   AND ITS ALL THANKS TO THIS WONDERFUL BLESSED SITE.   THANK YOU SO MUCH TPE FOR NOT ONLY HAVING THE MOST EXPLOSIVE AND EASILY KNOWLEDGE PACKED TRAINING SITE FOR MTTS OUT THERE BUT FOR MAKING IT AFFORDABLE….GOD BLESS YOU TPE, YOU ARE ****ing AWSOME!

Phoenix

Phoenix390
Guests
April 7, 2011 - 11:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Also my Full tilt name is    same as my TPE name     Phoenix390   incase anyone wants to check my OPR or sharkscope.

pce

phoenix

Phoenix390
Guests
April 15, 2011 - 4:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just got deep in my first large field mtt.  Placed 17th out of 27xx in the $1r Rush on FT.  It really sux to bust out in 17th…but at same time I got deeper then I ever have before.  I never stopped hammering and dont feel to bad how I went out.   Shoved 55 on button with 20bb and bb called with JTos  hit trip jacks.   Its a learning experience and I am working on staying positive about the situation…just hard to swallow to get so close and bust out.  However, if the OD Rush tourneys have taught me anything its how variance can be bitter sweet….1 more double up and im at final table so o well.  Next time Ill get farther!

pce

Phoenix

Stinger3388
Guests
April 17, 2011 - 9:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Way to go Phoenix. Volume is key!

Variance can be soul destroying and the players that are consistently winning are the players that handle it the best. You seem to take it well so keep grinding and the results will follow. Its so easy to move up a level and go for the 'big win' to compensate for a downswing when you should be doing exactly the opposite. Always take a deep breathe and think hard before you react to the variance.

GL man

Stinger3388

Phoenix390
Guests
April 23, 2011 - 6:22 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sup TPE, just wanted to post a quick bit.  Obviously, Recent events I can't play rush tourneys atm so I have been trying my luck on Carbon and have been having a lil success.  I got a 7th in a $3freezeout and I just finished 4th in a $11r  I feel good as its a definite confidence booster as I was a lil sketchey about how I would transition from Rush to reg.  I realize its not much different…I have just learned ALOT since starting this journey and dedicating my self to learn this great game.  I am going to keep grinding and see what happens.

Pce

Phoenix

my Carbon Poker SN is CRUSHEQUITY   

Stinger3388
Guests
April 23, 2011 - 10:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

what did you ship for the $11 rebuy?

congrats man

cousteer
Guests
April 24, 2011 - 8:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice thread Phoenix.

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
Forum Posts: 2616
April 24, 2011 - 8:24 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

question – at the low and mid stakes, do you think your choice in screen name has an effect?

if i saw someone on the tables named crush equity, i would instantly think “reg” and no matter whether you were actually good or bad, you would get paid a lot more attention to, because you are much more likely to be decent. 

do you think that could possibly hurt your ROI at small and mid stakes? (at high stakes most people would know everyone anyway so its less of an issue)

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
April 24, 2011 - 2:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

nice work!!  Need to get me some money on Carbon!

Phoenix390
Guests
April 25, 2011 - 12:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thx yall for the gr8 support and comments.

Stinger= It was only $278 for 4th. There was 230 entrants. 1st was $918

BennyMacca= It probably does have some effect…however I am not sure exactly how much. It’s probably a name that is easier to remember, but I love the name as its a term a buddy of mine and myself came up with (Don’t know of anyone else using this term..so if someone came ujp with it before me idk bout it) I think it describes the style of playing holdem ive adopted since joining this site very well. Unrelenting calculated Pure sheer aggression. IDK how it will effect my ROI…I am still young in poker and have only played 550 or so tourneys since I started really applying my self after joining this site in feb. It could possibly have a slight impact on my ROI…but Its worth it to me to rep that name as I am proud of the phrase and believe it represents me quite well. However, I love my home game nickname “The Phoenix” However, Phoenix is not a unique nickname and is widely used. I have never seen anyone mention CRUSHEQUITY…so the Originality of the name overcomes any adverse effects IMHO.

But ya…to say I am pleased is an understatement. I deposited a small ammount on Carbon jus to try a new site and got deep in my first midstakes tourney! How cool is that lol? and it seemed to be the best MTT site other then the BIG 4 that shut down US play. Carbon is alot like UB was a year or two ago I would say…Pretty small field sizes but constant mtts running. 2-3 micros an hour. Also they have some real cool bounty tourneys. Like there $10 bounty is $5 prize pool and $5 bounty for each you take out. They also have these “All in or Fold” Tourneys which are real cool and fun.

Carbon Poker is VERY soft…the midstakes players play very retarded in general…even people with 3 stars or an accolade will fold down to like 4-6bb or call fold with 8bb another thing I see alot is limping with Ak,Aq,KQ ext…Very weak tight passive play or weak loose passive. Another thing I find funny is every single table I have been at cash or tourney alike had 8-9 US players and only 1-2 forign players.

Anyways, I am making my goal to build a nice roll on Carbon Poker. Just wanted to say thx for the support and make a lil update.

Pce

Phoenix AKA CRUSHEQUITY

Phoenix390
Guests
May 1, 2011 - 6:06 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

K, so I have a question for yall.  I am thinking about trying to win the low stakes TLB on Carbon Poker (Tourney King) for may.  Yes I know this is a BIG goal, but idk I think it would be cool.  I built up a nice lil roll and can support a shitload of 1-5$ tourneys.  I been mainly playing $3r,$5-$10FO.  These are still considered lowstakes in the TLB yes?  I wouldn't think $10 is considered high stakes…? $30+ is high? or $20? I know technically its mid stakes but they only have High and Low…so trying to figure if $10 FO fit in that catagory basicly..   Idk just toying with the idea..they have a shitload of $1-$5 micro tourneys with 50-300 runners and could grind 20-30 day if motivated.

So are $10 FO included in Lowstakes Tourney King?

To be a serious contender in this thing I will need to pump over 1k of these micro mtt's in may? Im not sure exactly what a good goal to shoot for IF I do this is so would love some suggestions there.

Thanx and really look forward to yalls comments and advice as always.

Pce

Phoenix390

Phoenix390
Guests
May 1, 2011 - 6:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I just went back and rechecked Carbons site to double check if Low and High stakes were posted and It turns out I was blind and overlooked it

Low=$19.99 or less

High=$20+

So $3r im sure def low and $5r more times then not gonna be low aswell.

This being said…imma sleep on this and have a decision early this week.  I dont want to say imma do it if im not 100% commited.   I jus dont have the BR to Mass grind $10-$15 FO safely and I dont see winning it w/o qutie a few of those int here.  I gotta work tomorow through tues anyways so idk.  Low stakes #1 for april was only 700ish points but im sure its gonna be way more with mass influx of us grinders taking over.

Either way, if I dont do it this month and just continue to build my roll to 5k+  I should have the necessary BR for June and will attempt it then.  i may still try for april and grind $5FO and under to just see what happens…idk.

Anyways, its late and im tired. 

pce

Phoenix390
Guests
May 6, 2011 - 4:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sup TPE! Just a quick update.  I just took down the $4r on carbon for $684.  There was 250 entrants.  So, Carbon starting BR= $50   Current BR=$908.  Now I got a good enough bankroll to bust out some multitabling.  Been playing 1-2 at a time cuz only playing rolled for 20-30ish buyins.  But, now with 90+ and since the fields so small so lower variance I can confidently venture into 4-5 tabling and playing most of low stakes rebuys and FO.  I am very happy and I know I say this every post, but I contribute two things to my success the last 3 months since joining TPE.   1. My dedication and patience to LEARN/EXECUTE/EVALUATE 2. TPE   W/o these 2 things theres no way im where im at right now.   TPE has taught me so much i cant even describe it.  TPE Is off the chain.   You guys rock and thank you guys so much….You truelly have changed my life.

God bless,

Phoenix

Phoenix390
Guests
May 29, 2011 - 9:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sup TPE! doing a small update.  Today is a monumental day for me!!  I am making my first withdrawl from poker ever…  The first time I will be able to taste my rewards.  I havn't played in the last 2 weeks for various reasons, however my first tourney back, the sunday 100k guarunteed I got 32nd for $500 putting my BR @ $1378 so I withdrew $400 to test the waters on carbons withdrawl time.  I had AT mp w/ 17bb and agg bigstack UTG min raised so I shoved knowing hes folding most of time and BB woke up with AK and I lost the crippled race.  I would post the actual HH but Carbons HH is all weird…its in a different format then FT/PS  So dunno how to post it.  NOt down at all It was a gr8 tourney and I know $100 is beyond my role but just decided to say !@#$ it and give it a try lol.  Not something I will be doing on a weekly basis…However, it feels good to get deep in it.   So ya…first withdrawl and I will keep yall posted on how long it takes to get my check.

Pce

Phoenix

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1