View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Rebuilding my bankroll challenge - £300 to infinity and beyond!
Turbulence
Falkirk, Scotland
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 768
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 10, 2017 - 10:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Setting the scene

Some of you may have seen a post i made a couple of weeks ago that basically highlighted the roller coaster ride I have been on the past few months since I start playing full-time. Here is a quick reminder:-

There are a couple of reasons behind the shape of this graph 1) I didn’t get my BR strategy quite right, I was operating on 100-150 buyins for mtts and it needs to be way more for large field sizes I was mostly playing in 2) variance decided to give me a big bitch slap that looked like this

Image Enlarger

I lost $1200 of my $5000 BR over that period, no big deal, except it was because i had bills to pay. The long and short is I found myself back playing micros on Stars and feeling demoralised (and still on a downswing). 

I was on the verge of throwing in the towel, but instead took a bit of time out and rethink. 

The new plan

I will be getting a part-time job to have a steady income to go towards the bills (and keep my partner happy).

I’m starting over on the poker front, with a modest £300 BR, which I will be investing on only one site to start with. I will be playing on iPoker through the William Hill client. Why William Hill?

1. I have an account already, my VIP status is already on 5 out of 7 so will generate decent rewards from the start even playing micro and low buy-ins. The reward programme is simple and not being messed around with. 

2. the software is pretty decent for multi-tabling

3. there are a reasonable volume of MTTs per-day

4. the field sizes are on the smaller side and the quality of the players overall is not as high as the bigger sites

5. Mtt structures are ok

I will update this post once a week with a summary and a chart. 

aka Prophead340 aka Prophead2000 aka Turbulence_1

PocketFives Profile: .....urbulence/

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
19 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1