View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
WEEK10 HH COUGARS4444
JDOG1645
Guests
September 20, 2010 - 11:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is a HH from one of our own pros!!!

….._92010.txt

JDOG1645
Guests
September 23, 2010 - 12:31 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I plan on getting my review in soon….hopefully some others do as well.

JDOG1645
Guests
September 23, 2010 - 2:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I assume this was a rebuy because of  stack sizes and loose play I saw early on.

Hand 15 AA- quads is always a thing of beauty 🙂

Hand 37 94o – BvB he limps in and checks to us on a J92ss board, whats you reasoning for not betting there? I think more times than not we take it down right there, plus  I think we have the best hand that is weak.

Hand 66  TT- gross cooler for you and the guy with KK

Hand 98 QQ – wow cant believe that other big stack 4bet shoved 33 there….lol

Hand 133 AA – flatting the EP open got you a double up from the guy on the button…very nice, nothing fancy just bet call all the way.

Hand 140 55 –  Villian opens 3x from MP and we are on the button, he has 42 bigs behind and we have more…you dont feel like you could set mine here? Also we have position andour hand should be fairly easy to play post flop.  Board comes all rags we float or maybe even make a small raise if he cbets, or we hit our set and try to get stacks in, or it comes something like AQ3 and we let go…..thoughts?

Hand 155- 7Jo – BvB  he limps in and checks to us on the flop and the turn and the turn card doesnt improve the board why not bet? J high has some but not a lot of showdown value and with the limp in and check flop and turn I think first person to bet wins the pot.

Hand 167 55 – same set up as hand 140 and this time we do flat….more curious now why we didnt on hand 140….ooh then get stuck calling a shove 🙁

Hand 209 K4s – In SB great time to have flush over flush

Hand 228 55 – Cut oof 2.5x open and has about 17 bigs behind.  Thoughts on what Casey does there sometimes like makes a small reraise to like 9k looking like we are going with it but we can fold to a shove…he has to shove or fold in that spot….thoughts?

Hand 294 Ako – vs Aq vs Aq…shame the spade fell on river make that 3 of hearts and I assume we are still betting there and maybe get someones stack

Hand 421 JTs – guy opens in Lp little over 2x and we have a hand that plays so well post flop thoughts on why you folded there?

Wow you got dealt pocket 5s a ton…..good tourney and well played. Look forward to discussing some of the hands.

Cougars4444
Guests
September 23, 2010 - 6:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm going to wait and see if anyone else wants to comment on any hands……going out of town but will go over all questionable hands on Monday hopefully giving everyone a chance to contribute if they would like.

swet1
Guests
September 24, 2010 - 9:22 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

FWIW I plan on replaying them Sunday so I'll post then.

JDOG1645
Guests
September 26, 2010 - 1:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im going to let this HH go for another week… come on guys lets see some posts smile

swet1
Guests
September 27, 2010 - 10:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

swet1 said:

FWIW I plan on replaying them Sunday so I'll post then.

Sorry JDOG, I just didn't get a cahnce this weekend tonight forsure!

Cougars4444
Guests
September 27, 2010 - 4:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'll wait till Friday of this week giving everyone to ask any questions they have about any hands.

jm_dallas
Guests
September 29, 2010 - 1:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had questions about some of the same hands as JDog but my replayer seems to be one hand (+1) off his.

Hand 168 – Why did you call the SB shove?  I assume you just thought he was shoving light and you had enough equity?

Hand 211 – you have odds to setmine with 77 and you're in position – why fold?

Hand 231 – why limp with KQo – I assume because you were trying to avoid getting squeezed by SB or BB with re-steal stacks?

Hand 354 – open shove?  I would imagine you just want to take away the re-ship?

Good tourney, you played very well.

Cougars4444
Guests
October 1, 2010 - 11:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes this was the $3r with 15 minute levels…..one of the best tourneys to play imo.  I think your replayer was 1 hand off jdog so I went ahead and put the hand you had and the hand I had it down as

Hand 15 – haha quads are always a nice start to the tourney

Hand 37/38 – think it was 38?  Was still rebuy hour I was more then happy with my stack at this point….shoulda went ahead and fired a bet on flop cause I agree I take it down there a large % of time and can fold to aggression on his part

Hand 66/67 – Ya not really sure if I could have played this hand any differently…..they both flat the flop with 1k and 4k behind which is less then the total pot and I felt like the 8 was a good card for card removal purposes harder for them to have one in their hand thats why I just went ahead and put them both in

Hand 98/99 – I was rather surprised as well that he did that with 33 but thats one of the great things about deepstacks and deep players if you play a good solid game the majority of the time they will find a way to tool out and you can get it in for a big pot as a massive favorite

Hand 133/134 – Ya I really felt if he flopped a set so be it I wasn't going to find a fold there especially on such a wet board

Hand 140/141 – Agree 100% this was a bad fold on my part and really have no reasoning for it…..I think your analysis is spot on and what I should have done

Hand 155/156 – I really should have taken a stab at this pot on the flop or the turn….not really sure why I didn't I do use pokertracker and against opponents with a high aggression frequency I'll sometimes over small ball it but I think I shoulda taken a stab at flop or turn for sure and would take it down a large majority of the time

Hand 167/168 – Ya this was close I felt he could be shoving light here and I shouldn't let this influence my decisions but I had busted out of my other tourneys at this point and kinda had the mindset let's get a bigstack cause didn't want to be 1 tabling for 5 hours…..not the right mindset at all but I know it was around this time and I ended up 1 tabling for about 4.5 hours till like 3:20am and there were still 42 players left when I busted

Hand 209/210 – Pretty good cooler there I must say…..guess he shouldn't be open limping the button with T7ss??

Hand 211 – Close spot I think I should be flatting here as well…..both blinds had perfect re-shove stacks here and I guess after winning such a big pot I decided to fold?  I think flatting here is by far the best play though and reevaluate how the rest of the action goes

Hand 228/229 – Ya actually that play Casey makes never crossed my mind here…..I think that would be a great play in this spot I just looked at the two small stacks in the blinds and knew he probably shouldn't be raising light with his stack and just decided to take the lower variance play and fold here

Hand 231 – Ya after the limp in front by the 18bb stack I didn't want to raise and be blown off my hand I just decided to limp behind and take a flop with position most likely…..then I can play a smaller pot in position where they still have stacks that I can accumulate some chips from…..just sucks when I raise to iso and he jams cause I'll be getting close to the price to call but am more then likely behind his limp/jamming range

Hand 294/295 – This was such a strange hand that I actually had a rather heated discussion with a couple buddies about when I sent them the HH…..when I 3b pre I'm calling any 4b's by any of those two but once they both flat it really confuses me…..flop goes chk/chk/chk then I hit the A…..I bet turn with all intentions to call a jam from either and then they both flat again…..Still not sure if I should be jamming the river for value or chk/calling river based on if one or both of them jam but hell it worked and I won a large pot…..always different ways to get there I suppose

Hand 354 – Ya both blinds had perfect resteal stack sizes and I wanted to take that option away from them and add the 18,400 chips to my stack

Hand 421 – Misclick?? lol…..insomnia?  Honestly not sure…..I should be at minimum flatting here a ton and be 3b him here quite a bit……bad fold by me for sure

Anymore questions feel free to ask guys or if you want any more in depth analysis on these hands I would be glad to give it.  Thanks!!

JDOG1645
Guests
October 3, 2010 - 11:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Cougras4444 for taking the time to reply.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1