View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
First announcement of 2015 WSOP
joelshitshow
Guests
December 23, 2014 - 7:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys, bankruptcy or not, Caesars is carrying on as usual, and has announced some dates for next year’s WSOP in Las Vegas.

…..DATES.html

The Colossus presents an amazing opportunity (even with what’s likely to be a huge rake and with reentries on top of it) for us lower-end players: $565 starting at 25/50 and getting 5,000 chips.

Two flights each on May 29 and 30, at 10 and 4.

The next two weekends also have fun events, with the Millionaire Maker returning, followed by the Monster Stack.

I always go when the Main Event begins, but I think this time around I will go for the Colossus and Millionaire Maker.

Note to TPE: You should have the member meet May 28 at night or I guess June 4 🙂

hawkeyeK9
Guests
December 23, 2014 - 11:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Also saw this. Definitely working on a trip plan.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 25, 2014 - 4:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Schedule looks awesome so far! Bad Beat: May 29th is my 20th Wedding Anniv.

I’ve missed many anniversaries over the years. But as Marc said, “you never miss one that ends in a 0”.

So no Colossus for me. But planning to be there for the Monster Stack on through the main.

Cannot believe it is almost here again!

lapp3r30
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
High Stakes Shark
Members
Forum Posts: 176
January 9, 2015 - 11:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just booked flight… I'll be there 4th to 16th… TPE meetup weekend before Monster Stack??? : ) Or when are you planning on getting down there KB?

clubdiamondheartspade
Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
January 10, 2015 - 4:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure yet, but there will def be a meetup at some point!

theginger45

TPE Pro
Members
Forum Posts: 924
January 11, 2015 - 5:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, just seen this. Didn’t realise the dates were out already. Going to have to get planning if my trip is going to happen! Really hope I can make it there in time for the Colossus. That looks great.

joelshitshow
Guests
February 3, 2015 - 9:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

…..hedule.pdf

Full schedule is out. I may end up waiting till the end of June like I always do. The DraftKings and Bounty tournaments look like some low-variance opportunities.

WSOP is getting a little too gimmicky with some of these tournament types, but it is admirable that they will take some risks to see what people are into.

I know historically TPE has a meet early on in the WSOP, but hopefully this year there can be 2.

joelshitshow
Guests
February 3, 2015 - 10:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nes9gkuogcan47h/WSOP2015.xlsx?dl=0 I found this over at 2+2. Once it's complete, you'll be able to look at a glance at every major tournament of the day across Las Vegas.

mhonan981
Home Game Champ
Members
Forum Posts: 34
February 4, 2015 - 11:11 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thinking about making a trip to play 1-2 bracelet events (+daily's) and with work schedule I would have to start with one of the big weekend fields, i.e. Colossus (May 29), Millionaire Maker (June 5), or Monster Stack (June 12). If you had to play only one of these events, which one and why? 

Colossus – Likely weakest avg player of any event, 10k+ entries, guessing biggest guarantee for a $500 live event ever, 40 min levels on Day 1 and only a 100 bb starting stack will make this play like a turbo (40 min in you are already at 50 bb), huge rake.

Millionaire Maker – about 8k entries, 150 bb starting starting stack, 1 hour levels, does Mil guarantee to 1st take away from rest of prizepool (similar to last years 10 mil to 1st in the main)?

Monster Stack – guessing similar 8k entries, 300 bb starting stack, 1 hour levels, seems like best value if you can only play 1 event?

Thanks for your thoughts and/or experience (if you've played Mil Maker/Monster)

joelshitshow
Guests
February 4, 2015 - 4:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think year-to-year change in attendees for a particular tournament relies on two main things:

1) Buzz from last year

2) Competition/cannibalization from other events

I think the deep stack is the best choice. It generated the most buzz after it started. In addition, I think the Colossus cannibalizes the Milly.

Other thoughts: If you want the bigger starting stack, you go with the deep stack. If you don't like “that kind of poker,” you go with Colossus. The Milly is caught in the middle and is depending on a brand that I don't think is as big as people think.

I wouldn't say the Milly will have fewer attendees this year, but I would say that if the average repeated tournament from 2014 has an X% change in number of runners, that the Milly will have an (X-20)% change. The one thing saving it is that it is the middle of these 3 events, so people may wrap the tournaments on a 10-day trip, thus including it regardless of the other one of the 3 they do.

mhonan981
Home Game Champ
Members
Forum Posts: 34
February 4, 2015 - 5:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think w 2 starting days now, the Monster Stack could be closer to 10k entries

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1