View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Get the Riceman to the WSOP 2018!
The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
Forum Posts: 731
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 28, 2017 - 3:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

OK so I am not stupid. I know over which of my threads shall likely blow the tumbleweed. This will be one of them I expect. I guess I am not 100% serious about this. More like 98%.

I shall come right out and say it. I can’t bloody afford to play the ME at the WSOP. It is a dream of mine. So this is the place to come if you feel a yearning to help the Riceman make his dream come true!

I assure any donor all monies shall go solely to my Main Event buy in and hotel and flight ticket and general enjoyment. Any excess monies shall be spent exclusively on tournament buy ins around the WSOP. Absolutely no other party shall benefit other than myself, the Riceman. I do, however, expect a reasonable standard of hotel accommodation and choice of airline.

I shall also make myself available for the tag team event as a kind of “celebrity showing”, if my buy in is also covered by the donations.

I guess I shall give a very small percentage of myself back to any donor should I make a significant score (I’m thinking less than 2%…I’m there to enjoy myself, not run as a backed horse after all). This is open to negotiation, however.

I have chosen WSOP 2018 because I will need about a year to persuade my other half to let me go.

So that’s it folks. Let’s see the interest roll in! If you are interested in donating to this worthiest of charitable causes, please post in this thread or PM me.

Many thanks…the Riceman. 

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
March 1, 2017 - 3:01 pm

You gotta be in it to win it! Call me Del Boy. I guess my 2% backers fee might be a trifle off putting to any potential donor. 

As I said, it is open to negotiation. 2% is my initial bargaining position.

Turbulence
Falkirk, Scotland
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 768
March 2, 2017 - 1:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

If i win more than £100million in a Euro millions lotto between now and then, i will give you a £20k ‘package’ to go play the WSOP, purely for entertainment value. 

Should this eventuallity actually transpire i will have my people contact your people. 

aka Prophead340 aka Prophead2000 aka Turbulence_1

PocketFives Profile: .....urbulence/

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
March 6, 2017 - 1:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey sweet! Some interest already! What if you win $40K between now and then? I will accept percentages! If you all get together I’m sure we could make it happen! 

I’m willing to put in a grand, begrudgingly mind you.

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
March 6, 2017 - 2:03 pm

Actually on second thoughts that really wouldn’t be in the spirit of the venture. 

I’m willing to put in not a single penny piece.

If you want me there you need to pay.

My agent simply won’t stand for any financial dilly-dallying on my part.

After all, my celebrity guest appearance at the Tag-Team event alone will be worth many hundreds of thousands to TPE. 

We must keep things in perspective after all.

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
April 4, 2017 - 12:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Come on you miserable bastards!

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
April 16, 2017 - 3:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, enough time has passed that I feel a renegotiation of the terms is in order. I am willing to consider all offers and deals. Perhaps my initial attitude was a trifle conceited. 

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
May 13, 2017 - 1:14 pm

OK so I have been mulling this all over in my mind for weeks. I need chastisement for my despicable conceited attitude in my previous posts in this thread. I am a scandalous fiend with an over-blown ego.

I still need my ME buy in paid for, but I will buy my own flight tickets. I shall rent my own acommodation in the Marco Polo Motel on Martin Luther King Boulevard. I shall give a whopping 30% of my winnings to my benefactors. 

And as an act of humility to punish me for my disgusting arrogance and inflated ego, whilst I shall still make myself available for the “Tag Team” event, rather than playing as a celebrity I shall instead play whilst wearing the orange ball facial “gimp mask” as seen in the movie Pulp Fiction.

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
May 13, 2017 - 3:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am not joking.

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
June 16, 2017 - 2:24 pm

So you really are a bunch of miserable bastards aren’t you? Go ahead! Enjoy your card game for $10,000, when more than half the world lives in poverty! Stress about your game…your mental game even…stress about your composure at the table! Learn a few chip tricks so you don’t look like a noob! Sign up to TPE for a month thinking that will revolutionize your game! Try to put out of your mind the thoughts of millions of people starving in Africa as you stress about getting a good return for your buy in!

I tell you what…forget it! I don’t want to play the ME anyway. A truly staggering frivolity by anybody’s standards!

Some of us have a moral compass and live by a code of ethics.

(I am not at all jealous!).

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
August 15, 2017 - 7:55 pm

Errrm….

I’m still waiting? I have an infinite capacity for patience…limited in this case only by the date in 2018 by which time I will have needed to book my holiday from work, and persuaded my missus to allow me to go, and have bought the flight tickets. 

So really people, you need to get moving with this if it is indeed a priority for you, which judging by the responses so far, it so clearly is.

(What I am really hoping for is for some rich dude to be so amused by my bullshit that he offers to pay).

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
25 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

jankyjon

Elpokero

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11986

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1