View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (5 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
Official 2014 World Series of Poker Thread
Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 3, 2014 - 2:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The WSOP has announced the dates for the 2014 World Series of Poker. So I figured it was time to start a new thread.

Who's going? How long? What are you playing? Should we have another TPE meetup this year?

GO!

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 547
January 3, 2014 - 2:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

going to try going. June is a hugely busy month for my team at work, but I'll end the month with easily a week of comped vacation time, so I'm likely going to take 10 days for whatever I find to be the best by the time July rolls around. After reading loxxii's thread, those sngs sound like really good options if I bring like 2-3k. I really really want to play some mtts while I'm out there, but I'll likely grind online. I have some friends who are spending the summer, so the plan now is to stay at the house they're renting collectively. very excited as this is my first year with actual capital behind my name. I just started a job as a programmer to put into poker as I go, since my expenses are incredibly low for my age (at least I think so) Living with a roommate, walking and biking to work (it's like 30 degrees outside in Florida right now wtf so might need to remedy this, no drug or alcohol or degen problems, no balla attitude, etc. Even if somehow I can't manage to have a poker only bankroll by then, I'll be able to set aside a roll for the trip and be completely fine if busto.

P-aire 146
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 832
January 6, 2014 - 11:11 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm in, just don't know exactly what for except  I'm a DEF for the Main on July 6th. But really want to play the Milly maker May 31th.  Just a matter of vacation time and how I do before with Borgata, Parx and other tourneys.  Esp, WSOP online stuff.

takedown
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 59
January 6, 2014 - 12:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Missed last year's meetup, it didn't align with when I was in town, but would love to join if there is another one.

Trying to align my return to the states with when the WSOP starts.  Likely will be there for a week at the beginning of the series and working on building a roll to play the main this year.  Without anywhere to be, there is always the option to just stay the summer in Vegas, we'll see how it works out.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
January 6, 2014 - 3:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My tentative plan is to be out there about 2 weeks at the beginning of the series and then come back for the main.  Light schedule for me this year as it looks like it might be my sons last year at home (yes, Im old).  He's a junior in high school, but he has plans to attend a gaming school the summer before he (hopefully) goes off to NC State for Game Design.  So he and I have a big road trip planned for the summer.

Hopefully get to meet some more of you guys this summer!

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
January 10, 2014 - 2:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Killingbird said:

My tentative plan is to be out there about 2 weeks at the beginning of the series and then come back for the main.  Light schedule for me this year as it looks like it might be my sons last year at home (yes, Im old).  He's a junior in high school, but he has plans to attend a gaming school the summer before he (hopefully) goes off to NC State for Game Design.  So he and I have a big road trip planned for the summer.

Hopefully get to meet some more of you guys this summer!

dude whatttt? your son is awesome. i took a game design class with my roommates last year and it was amazing. as bad as the class was, it was still probably one of the coolest classes i've ever taken. it was part of the scientific computing department, a department without a major but a lot of computer science electives and intro programming classes. the professor was like 65 and didn't really know how to use the software, but knew a lot of what he wanted to do and couldn't communicate it. i had a blast. my roommate and i made a game where you're a dalek with a little gun and you chase green cubes with drawn on faces. i feel like opening it up and reskinning the monsters as poker villains now. i wish i had learned more, but what i picked up was definitely fun.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
January 10, 2014 - 3:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

that sounds cool!  yeah, he has a gaming class now in high school (where were these cool classes when I was in school???).

NC State has one of the top ranked game design programs and really nice facilities, so he is pretty stoked about trying to go there.  Hopefully he gets in!

OneTime1Time
Sunday Major
Members
Forum Posts: 236
January 10, 2014 - 5:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I tend to avoid the WSOP, purely because I hate the idea of giving the American gov't taxes when I'm not a resident. I know we can get some back as Canadians, but I've had friends who have had a major hassle with it…

Still, a lot of good friends do go down, so it's likely I will end up in Vegas at some point during the WSOP. I'll keep an eye on this thread and update it so I can meet up with some of you if you are there. 

NLFF
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 13
January 31, 2014 - 3:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm going to try to jump in on a meetup if I can make it work.  I'll be here the whole WSOP doing something or another.

WizardZur
High Stakes Shark
Members
Forum Posts: 172
January 31, 2014 - 9:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will definitely be going, I just don't know the when/for long details yet.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
February 1, 2014 - 1:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Looking like May 27 – June 11th for my first stretch in Vegas.  Still anxiously awaiting the WSOP publishing the complete schedule!

WizardZur
High Stakes Shark
Members
Forum Posts: 172
February 1, 2014 - 2:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want to play the million maker and depending on how things go, I could play in the Main Event.  I'm adequately bankrolled for it and my work schedule is slow during the summer.  I get a lot of time off and I think I will have 50 days of vacation by then.  However, even so I don't think I can stay there for 2 months straight so it will probably be two different trips unless I can somehow do everything I want with one trip.

2headedmonst
Lighting Money On Fire
Members
Forum Posts: 26
February 1, 2014 - 5:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm planning on being out there in early June. I'm going to try to play a couple of Venetian or other smaller events like at Binions, and possibly some cash or the daily tournaments they do at the Rio

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 10, 2014 - 10:32 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

yo yo kb just saw you replied with your schedule. do you have plans to go back for the main event? i was hoping to meet up with tpe, but i don't think i'll be able to go until beginning of july/end of june. I have a ton of programming work to do in June that will likely require me working 50+ weeks, but will give me like a week of extra time off, so it's sort of a stalemate. I'm planning on going for sngs and cash games unless I find a backer between now and then. ran really close to a nice score yesterday that would have secured my trip. final tabled intertops' $134 15k but ran dead for a while and got 9th where 1st was 4k. won a satty into it again next week. the field was so so so soft.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
February 10, 2014 - 11:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

yes, I will 100% be back for the Main Event.

P-aire 146
Members
February 12, 2014 - 8:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

super excited to see the schedule is out.  Unless I hit soemthing big from now till the Main…..  I'm prob going out for the Milly Maker on May 31st and back for the Main July 6th……..

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
February 12, 2014 - 10:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Ah!! I just got approved for my time off for the WSOP! I'll be there from May 28th-June 3rd. The 1.5k shootout and the milly maker are both happening within that time frame, by chance if I decide to play an event. This will be my first year going. I'm really stoked to meet up with TPE and get a chance to bring home some gold for the good guys. Does anyone want to talk about splitting a room for any night or multiple nights? I know a few people who get houses, but they're more the “ballah” types that I don't mix well with outside of the table, so I'd probably fare better not being immersed in that mentality 100% of the time I'm there, especially since it tends to distract from the realities of poker (like..not physically owning soulz or winning all the time). If anything, I'd love to meet for dinner if anyone is free. This isn't for months, clearly I'm excited. I've been planning to go to the WSOP for the last two years now, with each year a different financial issue coming up. Two years ago I was invited to work with my friends in Less Than Jake at Pouzza Fest in Montreal, and I can't say no to good music festivals. This past summer, I was actually forced to live very cheaply and save every dime as my check from Lock decided to never come. So very excited. I also checked sharkscope to see the results for some games last night and I have a shark above my name now haha. woo.

lapp3r30
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
High Stakes Shark
Members
Forum Posts: 176
February 12, 2014 - 4:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm looking to go out for 2 weeks between June 1 and 22nd… Just depends on pricing which 2 weeks.  I typically play Caesars, the $240 WSOP dailys, Nugget and Binions.  I'm also a golfer/drinker (12ish handicap) so if any TPE'ers are looking to golf just let me know… It would be cool to meet some fellow members. clubdiamondheartspade

Julius187
Midstakes Master
Members
Forum Posts: 103
March 5, 2014 - 4:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Going down July 6th – 12th for the Main Event. Looking forward to seeing any of you guys that are around.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
March 13, 2014 - 1:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

2014 TPE Meetup at the WSOP.  What do you guys have for thoughts on a good date?

I'm thinking the most people will be there either around the Millionaire Maker or around the Main Event. So lets shoot for one of those time frames.  WUG thoughts?

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
March 13, 2014 - 1:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

around the millionaire maker works best for me, and i know steve and jason were talking about it as well. i don't think any of us were considering playing it, but we're all thinking we may be there. i know i'll be there may28/29-june 4th

Carlos
Atlanta, Ga
Member Moderator
Forum Posts: 778
March 13, 2014 - 8:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Me and 2 of my buddies/ fellow TPE members from Atlanta will be there on the 30th. They have to leave, but I'll probably be there for the whole summer again if I can get the Crazy Brailizan Lady to answer my call (I think she's mad because I didnt return her call to help her print youtube videos onto paper back in October).

I am considering putting together a package for playing the Binion's events I crushed last year. If I win one or two of those, I'll play a 1K as well. That would be my first one and a dream come true, so it's not guaranteed, but I am definitely playing the Binions again.

subfocused
Home Game Champ
Members
Forum Posts: 36
March 14, 2014 - 2:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know I can't make it for MM after Cherokee…I am trying to figure out if I am going out once or twice. I really want to take my girl to San Diego. Ideally I can go for two weeks again and just drive out to San Diego at the end…Main is better for me.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
March 14, 2014 - 2:36 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

subfocused said:

I know I can't make it for MM after Cherokee…I am trying to figure out if I am going out once or twice. I really want to take my girl to San Diego. Ideally I can go for two weeks again and just drive out to San Diego at the end…Main is better for me.

Beers in cherokee?

ttwist

TPE Pro

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 1230
March 18, 2014 - 1:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

1st leg booked and events chosen, Im in vegas from May28-June12 approx 10k in buyins including 6 bracelet events, then il be home for 10-14 days and then leg#2 which is yet to be determined as it all depends on leg 1

2blacklabs
Guests
March 20, 2014 - 2:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm jealous smile

I go to Vegas a few times a year, but have never been to the WSOP. Not sure if I can make it out there this year, work is a little flaky. But I hope TPE represents!

tazzjazz
Midstakes Master
Members
Forum Posts: 109
March 20, 2014 - 4:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Killingbird said:

2014 TPE Meetup at the WSOP.  What do you guys have for thoughts on a good date?

I'm thinking the most people will be there either around the Millionaire Maker or around the Main Event. So lets shoot for one of those time frames.  WUG thoughts?

definitely around the Millionaire Maker

britch
philly
Lighting Money On Fire
Members
Forum Posts: 22
March 26, 2014 - 5:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m going to be in Vegas for work June 19 and 20th. Should I stay and play at the Venetian (where I’m staying) or hit one of the wsop side events? There is a three day $1000 nl event that weekend…

mayola
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 8
March 29, 2014 - 12:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

looking for a house to join for the wsop. anyone renting a house with a spare room?

weeeeee
Lexington Kentucky
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 75
April 1, 2014 - 4:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m thinking the most people will be there either around the Millionaire Maker or around the Main Event. So lets shoot for one of those time frames.  WUG thoughts?

I will be there around Millionaire maker and would be good to have it on the weekend. It will be a first for me so I am definately excited to meet everyone face to face.

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
April 3, 2014 - 10:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

britch said:

I'm going to be in Vegas for work June 19 and 20th. Should I stay and play at the Venetian (where I'm staying) or hit one of the wsop side events? There is a three day $1000 nl event that weekend…

i would play the $1k.  If you bust early you can always hit one of the daily deepstacks.  just one mans opinion!

ttwist

TPE Pro

TPE Management
April 3, 2014 - 12:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Under 7 weeks til departure…this will mark my 7th straight year in vegas for the series and still i have mass butterflys…i feel like a little kid.

JohnnyDrama
Playing Freerolls
Members
Forum Posts: 12
April 8, 2014 - 4:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im kind of new here, had a subscription pre-bf

Satellited into a 1.5k on WSOP NJ in an 11r.. look forward to seeing you guys out there. 

Question is.. do I go out for the Milli Maker, obviously insane value, but a mine field right at the beginning of the WSOP.

or do I wait for the new Monster Stack, possibly play a 1k or the One Drop as well, and a whooooole bunch of 235 dailys and Main Qualifiers?  Input.. advice.. exp… anything is appreciated.

decisions… decisions…

lapp3r30
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
High Stakes Shark
Members
April 9, 2014 - 1:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t looked at the structure of the monster stack (And didnt know it exisyed) but I would guess that’s gonna draw a huge field and im sure very very good value. I wouldn’t miss that… Unfortunately I’m only out till the 20th. I’ll be all over the Daily tournies for sure. Lots of fun. GL!

lapp3r30
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
High Stakes Shark
Members
April 9, 2014 - 1:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any golfers want to get out for a round? Looking at hitting Wolf Creek for sure… Not sure what else. Matt Savage suggested Cascada, so I’m gonna try and get there too. Looks like I’m there 6th to 20th.

2blacklabs
Guests
April 12, 2014 - 12:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Looks like things may be shaping up that I may be able to get out to Vegas in early June. Right now, I'm pointing towards the seniors event (I'm over 50). I've always wanted to play that one since I became “eligible”.

ttwist

TPE Pro

TPE Management
April 15, 2014 - 2:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

lapp3r30 said:

Any golfers want to get out for a round? Looking at hitting Wolf Creek for sure… Not sure what else. Matt Savage suggested Cascada, so I'm gonna try and get there too. Looks like I'm there 6th to 20th

I may hit you up on that offer…

ttwist

TPE Pro

TPE Management
April 15, 2014 - 2:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ttwist said:

1st leg booked and events chosen, Im in vegas from May28-June12 approx 10k in buyins including 6 bracelet events, then il be home for 10-14 days and then leg#2 which is yet to be determined as it all depends on leg 1

its locked in, 8 bracelet events 10k total and my package is sold out…thx to all the investors

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
April 15, 2014 - 3:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are thinking of doing the meetup on May 30th here:

…..in/bowling

Figure a lot of people will be in town for the Milly Maker the next day.

WUG thoughts nation?

mayola
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 8
April 15, 2014 - 10:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am arriving on the first of june so can not make it

ttwist

TPE Pro

TPE Management
April 17, 2014 - 10:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Killingbird said:

…..in/bowling

WUG thoughts nation?

i Love the whole idea, strikes and spares baby…

takedown
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 59
April 24, 2014 - 2:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Killingbird said:

…..in/bowling

WUG thoughts nation?

Start the night off with drunkin bingo before going bowling, it's an absolute blast.  Open bar in the bingo hall, get shitty and loud (watch as the locals scold you, haha) then head to the bowling alley.

Unfortunately I won't be in until mid/late June, flying back to the US on June 13th.  Playing the megastack, wsop daily, wynn and whatever else is around town.

P-aire 146
Members
April 25, 2014 - 11:34 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm officlally booked for July 6th  playing Main day 3…….. Hope to see a bunch of you then.  

I do have time off scheduled for Mlly maker, but I need a score between now and it.  

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
April 29, 2014 - 12:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Meetup is on!  May 30th.  7pm (starting a little early since I assume people will want to get some sleep for the Milly!)

…..in/bowling

And yes, there will be TPE bowling trophies!!

acesfull44
St. Louis
Grinding Micros
Members
Forum Posts: 69
April 29, 2014 - 1:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Killingbird said:

Meetup is on!  May 30th.  7pm (starting a little early since I assume people will want to get some sleep for the Milly!)

…..in/bowling

UGH!  I will be there from June 26 – July 10.  Any chance something will be going on then?

jacobsharktank
Florida
Playing The Prelims
Members
April 29, 2014 - 1:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

booking my flight as sooon as possible. i get paid tomorrow!! i haven't done any of the legwork in booking a hotel room. is anyone with a means already booked between may 28/29 and june 3/4, i'd love to talk to you about any empty floor/couch space you may have! #nitcast

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
April 29, 2014 - 1:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

acesfull44 said:

Killingbird said:

…..in/bowling

UGH!  I will be there from June 26 – July 10.  Any chance something will be going on then?

I'll see if we can pull together another, perhaps less formal meetup around the main.  perhaps just some cocktails at the Rio or something.  Always good to meet you guys, so def want to try!

chaz78
Guppy
Forum Posts: 2
April 29, 2014 - 2:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Playing 6 WSOP events and a bunch of $235 dds:
Milly maker
1.5 k 6m
3k 6m

Looking forward to meeting some TPE members/instructors, I’d be in for beers and bowling. Gl all!

lapp3r30
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
High Stakes Shark
Members
April 30, 2014 - 12:33 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

For the lower stakes fish… I think this schedule came out not too long ago.

I know Carlos wants to see it if he hasn't already.  I'll be playing all those $10k guarantees ($140 entry).  But you other guys stay away so we can have some possible overlay??? ; )   

…..lassic.php

clubdiamondheartspade
lapp3r30
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
High Stakes Shark
Members
April 30, 2014 - 1:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

For people who don't have some form of spreadsheet.. Here it is in all it's glory.  This lists all tournie series going on during the WSOP.

…..m/WSOP2014

clubdiamondheartspade
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11990

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1