View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
WSOP 2021 Who is going?
P-aire 146
Showing Marc Alioto How Its Done
Members
Forum Posts: 832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 4, 2021 - 9:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who’s going to WSOP this year? 2021  

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
September 5, 2021 - 3:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

as of now, me!  Going to see how things pan out, but right now i have a flight booked for November.

P-aire 146
Members
September 6, 2021 - 12:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve gone back and forth for last few weeks.  Finally, everything is booked.  

I’ll be in Vegas most of the WSOP.  Sept 30th till I WIN or bust the Main…………….  

Can’t wait to see a bunch of you guys 

IMUnaware
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 9
September 15, 2021 - 4:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually got a membership here to brush up for a short WSOP trip. Will be there just for the reunion and other low-ish buy-in events in Vegas the first week. It’s not a flashy schedule, but it’s what I can afford on my bankroll, and I wanted to go to the WSOP for the first time. Hopefully the TPE videos help. 🙂

P-aire 146
Members
September 19, 2021 - 11:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I’ve had a membership since the start of this training site and it’s helped me a TON.  I’ve been to the WSOP 6 out of last 8 yrs.

This will be my very first year being there from the START.  Will be playing the reunion and others small events (milly maker, monster, Srs event, some deep stacks) & the Main (won my seat to main online already).  Since it’s your first time out there I think you are smart to do lowish buys.  MAKE sure you enjoy yourself.  Esp when playing.  my first 3 yrs out there I didn’t cash anything, but I had a good time.  If nothing else, play your game, don’t try anything crazy just because you are at teh WSOP.  You are going to see a wide range of plays (from Pros & recs)  

Enjoy!!!  Hope you go deep in everything.  

MyraEnglish
Guppy
Members
Forum Posts: 1
September 22, 2021 - 11:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll be there for the reunion and then we’ll see. This will be my 3rd WSOP. Staying at the Rio despite all the haters trashing the place.

The convenience of being right there can’t be overlooked, especially since getting food during a tournament break is nearly impossible. Just have your fridge stocked and you’re good to go in 5 minutes if you’re in Ipanema tower.

IMUnaware
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 9
September 23, 2021 - 9:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That brings up a good point – I’m going to the reunion too (which I fully expect to be a s@*% show in terms of crowds). Any advice on where to eat and what to bring? I’m planning on bringing a bag with energy bars and a refillable water bottle, plus I guess a hoodie. Other than that… 

P-aire 146
Members
September 23, 2021 - 6:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I stayed at the Rio my first year and it was blah.  I do agree with you that it’s awesome being in the same building for breaks and other stuff.  I normally stay about 5 minutes away from Rio, but this year since I’m going to be there for most of it I couldn’t pay the prices of any of the hotels.  A buddy and I got an AirBnB just down the street from Rio.  So, I’ll see how that goes.  

As far as THE REUNION, I do think it will be a bit crazy.  I’m going to get in on the 30th and REG for it right away.  if you try the day of teh event, it’s going to be a shit show.  But, lets all be honest, I hear all kinds of things from teh PROs about what kind of numbers there will be this year.  I’m just hoping it’s a good and safe one for anyone who shows up.  

As far as things to bring………  You touched on them, bring a bag, some snacks, water or container, plus a hoodie/jacket, it can get cold in the Rio poker areas. In the past, I would either run out quick and grab something to eat……. but this year, I’m going to try my best to actually bring small sandwiches and drinks.  The stuff they sell there is WAY TOO expensive.  I think I ordered a turkey wrap or burger 2 years ago and he cost me 12-15 bucks.  Then I got a soda or water for $4-5.  lol  Unreal.  F that.  glgl

The Riceman
London UK
Hitting The Circuit
Members
Forum Posts: 731
September 26, 2021 - 5:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK so its getting a bit old now, but my offer for all the TPE’ers to get together to sponsor a star guest appearance from the Riceman is still open. 

I require:

1) A first class open flight ticket, preferably Virgin, but I will consider British Airways.

2) A ticket to the Main Event.

3) $15000 exclusively for peripheral tournaments around the ME. A furthet $20000 for cash games of my choice.

4) A 5 week full board 5 star accommodation close to the games. We can discuss options at my convenience.

I think that is everything. Post here please to let me know how preparations are going.

Much love

Bill
Guppy
Members
Forum Posts: 2
September 27, 2021 - 6:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m planning on flying in on Thursday (30th) and playing the reunion game. Also later in October for one of the deep stack and a Wednesday over 50 morning game. 

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
October 1, 2021 - 3:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

created our usual official 2021 WSOP thread.  Check the pinned post.

Cant wait to hear how everyone is doing out there. Hopefully see some of you in November.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Jackarmi

WSOPstar2B

LuckyEva

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11988

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1