View Plans & Pricing

If you are signed in and are seeing this message, please be sure you have selected a user name in My Profile. The forum requires it.
A A A
Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed
Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 Topic Rating: 1 (1 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon
January 2nd, 2013 - Year End Recap and Live MTT Strategy with bigdogpckt5s and aznAllin007
Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 2, 2013 - 2:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Start 2013 off right with a new TPE Podcast!

…..nallin007/

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
Forum Posts: 2616
January 6, 2013 - 12:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

blah big dog is soooo frustrating in this podcast. 

there are so many times when he is discussing the hand with jlude where he completely forgets the scenario, and just shuts down marc even though marc is talking a lot of sense.  

its almost like he didnt look at the hand before coming on the podcast, and he also frequently talks about how people play against him rather than analyse the dynamics going on between the two players in question, which makes his lines somewhat irrelevant. 

he also says how he is happy getting it in in this spot, and then when marc quizzes him about it he changes his stance. marc had a great point when he asked what can stand a raise here, and its really only AK, AA, 99, and QQ with the Qs. 

against that range we are only 61%, and the only hands that give us action on further streets are the ones that have us beat. 

have to say marc is completely right on this one imo, and unfortunately it seems that big dog doesnt like taking criticism and didnt prepare fully. 

sorry if thats harsh, obv you can tell me to get back in my box, but i think it ruined a really interesting hand to discuss

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 6, 2013 - 12:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

my comments above were regarding the flop discussion – on the turn bigdog then says we should just call as played because the plot is bloated, but on the flop he was advocating raising??!?!?

so what happens if we raise the flop and get called? do we bet-fold turn? check call and put ourselves in an even worse spot in an even more bloated pot?

once again i am sorry if this sounds harsh, but what big dog is saying on the turn is completely incongruous to what he was saying on the flop

lastly, i really like the discussion about bombing the turn to make it look strong against the floaters, but once again, it has absolutely nothing to do with the hand in question

RonFezBuddy
New York City

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 2313
January 6, 2013 - 2:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

fwiw, we don't give them the hands to review before the podcast.  If they have detail in advance it takes some of the spontaneity out of the discussion.  So i wouldn't attribute any of your criticisms to lack of preparation.   

I agreed with casey on raising, and i think were the biggest disagreement came from was the fact that Marc thought we were looking to get it in right there, when what we were trying to highlight was that our equity is still decent for the smaller % of the time when we have to get it in.  And when you add that to the benefits of raising, we liked the aggressive line.

I think we got really sidetracked by our miscommunication. 

That said, I agree that marc made some really good points to defend his position.   It is an interesting hand.  

bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 6, 2013 - 2:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

maybe this hand was more difficult because there wasnt an easy to read hand history, as it was a live spot, but it seemed that bigdog kind of forgot the flow of the hand, i.e utg1 raising an utg, just because he started saying things like well jamie gold could have aj or random floats etc etc. so maybe it wasnt a lack of preparation per se just a lack of a clear understanding of the hand. 

i am not saying the aggressive line isnt that good just that i thought bigdog dismissed what marc was saying, whilst also not having a super clear understanding of what hand he was talking about. 

once again only my perception. 

duggs
nz
Playing The Prelims
Members
Forum Posts: 591
January 6, 2013 - 2:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dont understand the idea of raising flop at all, I dont think someone competent is going to get stubborn with Ax there ever. doesnt it effectively become a zero play since AA/99 never folds (and never just calls our raise either so rarely get called), AK without a draw might call, but we are frerolling them if we call anyway. raising might make the hand easier to play but I certainly dont see it getting value from A8o as big dog suggests. his preflop and flop ranges are also very inconsistent, he starts off defining him with a tight range like everyone else, then proceeds to give him alot of air and random Ax that we had already eliminated from his range on the previous street. 

I agree with all of bennys criticisms fwiw, 

Killingbird
Cary, NC

TPE Management
Forum Posts: 4582
January 6, 2013 - 8:30 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm not sure Jamie Gold has cashed a tournament since he won the Main Event.  Im assuming his skills are roughly equal to that of a random in a $5 on Lock?

And I would not mind getting this in against a random in a $5 on Lock. So I would get it in here.

That being said, I'm not very good.

cool
bennymacca
Adelaide Australia
Road Gambling with Doyle
Members
January 6, 2013 - 5:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not sure Jamie Gold has cashed a tournament since he won the Main Event.  Im assuming his skills are roughly equal to that of a random in a $5 on Lock?

And I would not mind getting this in against a random in a $5 on Lock. So I would get it in here.

That being said, I’m not very good.

cool

Haha this is a fair point.

Zhengix_Khaan
Guests
January 12, 2013 - 1:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

@RonFezBuddy

could you post the hand link on the podcast so ppl can follow along?

pokerbob
Flounder
Members
Forum Posts: 7
January 31, 2013 - 11:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

…..98974659 

Pocket 3's crushing it… (i know its bovada). The Big Dog gave me the balls to rip it! That's how pocket 3's gets it done! lol. I also lost straight flush over straight flush in this tournament.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 2780

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

bennymacca: 2616

Foucault: 2067

folding_aces_pre_yo: 1133

praetor: 1033

theginger45: 924

P-aire 146: 832

Turbulence: 768

The Riceman: 731

duggs: 591

florianm1: 588

Newest Members:

GBW198

Johnelwood

Bocheech21

alexalex2015

oneout2many

JLPicard

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 24

Topics: 12705

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1063

Members: 11991

Moderators: 2

Admins: 5

Administrators: RonFezBuddy, Killingbird, Tournament Poker Edge Staff, ttwist, Carlos

Moderators: sitelock, sitelock_1